1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Useful metas and how to play them

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by YandereCapybara, Jun 17, 2017 at 3:27 PM.

1. YandereCapybara

YandereCapybara Carnie

EDIT: IN CASE I HAVE NOT MADE IT CLEAR, DO NOT TRY IN RANKED.
    AS I SAID, THIS GUIDE IS NOT MEANT TO BE HELPFUL TO THE MAJORITY OF YOU UNLESS YOU WANT TO TILT PEOPLE IN BLITZ. Also, the original title was supposed to be "Useless Metas and How To Play Them", but I guess it was either autocorrect or just my completely wasted brain.

Meme Lyra:
    Get slowed son.

General overview:
    Six crucibles: cheap, lots of healing, lots of slowing, lots of hp.

My build:
    Six crucibles kek

Not much to say here.
    Auto attack, heal teammates, get reported for trolling.

WP Skaarf:
    Useful, since no one expects it.
    You've also got a nice slow, and health scaling effects.

General overview:
    When the fight is about to start, time it so that you have about 0.9 seconds of your ult left, and douse everyone in the flames. Put down your B in the area where you might get backlined. (you should be at the back, behind your support and jungler, so by backlined, I mean when someone tries to break your formation/kill you by avoiding the other two) Auto attack whoever is the squishiest/doing the most damage/stronkest on enemy team. Use fireball if needed to secure kill/for hp scaling. Stay behind carry, don't stay in one place when autoing. Make sure to stutterstep.

My build:
    -Poisoned Shiv
    -Tornado Trigger
    -Tornado Trigger
    -Tyrant's Monocle
    -Tyrant's Monocle
    -Sorrowblade/Breaking Point, I recommend Breaking Point if you're a more experienced player or can position yourself more effectively and have more awareness on the enemy positioning.

You may also replace any of the last three items with defensive items if your roam is retarded, or if you're not good at dodging skillshots. Normally, you shouldn't have any problems with survivability if you position yourself correctly. Boots are okay if you're prone to making mistakes.

WP Celeste
    Woot! Living vision dispenser!

General overview: You've got a nice stun, your ult is used more for the psychological effect than anything, and you've got your A as some kind of scout trap/flare substitute if your roam is retarded. Be sure to constantly be on the move, and don't stay in one location for longer than five seconds unless your roam isn't moving much either. Stay behind your roam.

My build:
    -Halcyon Chargers
    -Poisoned Shiv
    -Tornado Trigger
    -Breaking Point
    -Tyrant's Monocle
    -Tornado Trigger

Don't do this build if you have no map awareness, can't dodge skillshots, or land your stun.
    Your stun is crucial to securing kills and escaping danger.
    Other than that, make sure to auto anyone who can stealth first, before focusing the squishy/whoever is carrying/damage dealer.
    If Kestrel or Taka happen to be carrying, then great. (Or not so great, since you'll get decimated by Taka if you don't back off and let him focus your jungler first)

*More metas in progress*
    THIS IS A VERY TRASHY GUIDE, AND IT'S NOT MEANT TO ACTUALLY BE HELPFUL TO THE MAJORITY OF YOU.
    HOWEVER, TO ANYONE WHO CAN APPRECIATE IT, GO TRY THESE BUILDS, BECAUSE THEY'RE EXTREMELY FUN AND YOU WILL GET REPORTED FOR TROLLING MOST LIKELY.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017 at 11:09 PM
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nagato714

Nagato714 Grangor

you'll get trolling bc builds are noob-ish u could try WP skaarf or WP Celeste but not like that .. builds should be more professional not ruined like this sry but this is unviable to be used in ranked games maybe if someone has tried a Mage WP build could help us but these? ..
  3. RedtheAngryBird

RedtheAngryBird Meekos

I tried your Celeste build out in blitz. I found that there wasn't enough damage output and the enemies were able to burst me down too quickly for me to land any stuns. Perhaps using a sorrowblade could be more effective than using two tornado triggers?
  4. Magmaw

Magmaw Technologist

this kind of build works with a significant skill gap in place.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. AshuraSenku

AshuraSenku Grangor

very op build got me to Vainglorious in two days
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. KatanaDoggy

KatanaDoggy Carnie

7. Wolffortress0001

Wolffortress0001 Undead

8. Setbackss

Setbackss Technologist

WP Skaarf... okay fine. WP Celeste? You've gone too far.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. YandereCapybara

YandereCapybara Carnie

The point of the guide is not to helpful, it's to mess around in blitz.
    I thought I made the point clear, but I'll add it to the guide xd
  10. Walda

Walda Technologist

This gets an instant downvote from me if I see it in blitz.
  11. YandereCapybara

YandereCapybara Carnie

Personally, I believe that Blitz should be a fun and casual game mode, but of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion :d
  12. Walda

Walda Technologist

Fun, yes, casual, sure, outright trolling woth a build you know is not going to win and wasting your teamates time, pass.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Arza

Arza Stormguard

celeste has 5 basic dmg
    that's more than a sorrowblade, if you compare with bf or idris
    wp celeste has one "best damage item" disadvantage