1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotfix for Visual Skill Tier Bug: Friday, July 14th

Discussion in 'Announcements & Status' started by Gary, Jul 13, 2017.

1. bchsrh

bchsrh Carnie

well most of the rank u gained was from the elo glitch if u lost that much
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. TheBLOB

TheBLOB Elder

Um, no it wasn't that doesn't make sense. I've been VG silver before and I'm gaining slower than I was before. Please don't act like I'm retarded. Read what I said, if this made sense I would have gained ZERO elo from PoA silver at the start of the season playing vs high VG players, think it through
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yuri Rv

Yuri Rv Meekos

Oh now I see this is the reason why my rank drop yesterday I was "credible" gold 80-90% but lose one match n it drops to 1506
  4. TuTang

TuTang Meekos

I just got the same rep from them. I only played rank with my friend since season started, and his rank still stay the same i got decline. another guy who just played and won around 6 games with me yesterday still have same rank. this is really unfair and their explanation is unreasonable, I even lost 200 elo from credible threat gold to GW gold. I write this rep as my last goodbye to this game, all the money and time i spent gone to waste, all this frustration. Ive had enough.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  5. Icemelting

Icemelting Meekos

Yea noticed that and even my rank was decreased as such
  6. Kal6

Kal6 Carnie

After the reset I started from the same place as everyone else. -20% of their previous rank. Going from mid vg bronze to PoA silver. I've played over 200 ranked matches since the reset and maintained around a 60% win ratio to grind over to 2500+ points. I've made this grind before. About twice. I would notice if progression felt faster than before... So the fact that i lost 25 wins worth of points after the hotfix is super annoying. I hope semc doesn't brush this off and say 'this is intended, your rank is correct' because it isn't... I know the grind and how many points you gain for each win. I've put in a lot of hours obviously with 200+ matches played already so I'm looking forward to seeing a hotfix for this hotfix. Also I believe something with the update or hotfix has screwed with my connection to the game. I have always been grateful to enjoy a very fast and reliable connection but since Friday I've been lagging my butt off with consistent 300-2000ms lag spikes. Could very well be me though like it normally is, just wondering if anyone else has this same experience ? Maybe it's not me
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. TheBLOB

TheBLOB Elder

Yup you and me are in a serious situation, and I swear to god I'm not gonna continue with this game if they claim that everything is how it should be.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Kal6

Kal6 Carnie

I feel like a crying little baby saying this but as a soloq only player I would rather take a break until next season than grind back up to 2500+... Seriously hope we get word on this issue later today.
  9. Gatorrex

Gatorrex Undead

Yep same here. From vg bronze to poa silver. And i just got to vg bronze too. And even now with poa silver vst im fighting vg bronze players. My mmr is definitely not at poa silver.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. TuTang

TuTang Meekos

i spent the whole day complaining and they said its how it should be. its time for me to leave this game though im sad cause of all the money i spent and they really do not learn how to respect their customer.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. winterside

winterside River Troll

lol you gunna quit cause of a hotfix?
  12. Jicaraen

Jicaraen Carnie

It's a game... chill. lol.
  13. Kal6

Kal6 Carnie

It's also peoples time investment. You wouldn't be happy either if over 10 hours of your life was basically thrown away because of someone elses mess. Thats the definition of bull* if you ask me
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Chair

Chair Meekos

Same situation man. I took a break from VG about 3 months or so. My VST dropped quite a bit to Credible Threat Gold when i came back last season (end of it). Fair enough. After Soft reset, my VST dropped to Credible Threat bronze. Fair enough. And I started playing with my old teammates and some new players (SA+ to PoA gold, we duo, or 3 man a lot) since the new update, got myself back to SA silver. The elo gain and loss was absolutely normal to me. Today i logged onto the game, boom, Credible Threat Gold... Doesn't make any sense at all. Basically lost all my progress for the past two weeks. Can feel your pain: I do think they might have made a mistake here.
  15. XxHazardXx

XxHazardXx Meekos

.... went from vg bronze to sa bronze? How was my elo gain accelerated i gained 6 elo from one match and loss 46 from another match..... im so confused. They keep saying my account's elo is correct.... tf? My friend who gained 60 elo per match on his smurf was not reset... tf?
  16. Xaldarian

Xaldarian Stormguard

How about an apology at the very freaking least SEMC.

@PlayoffBeard you removed the entire seasonal progress of 30% of the player base. Not a little of the top. Not a reduction based on the extra points we got.

No.

You decided tot remove all our progress this season.

50 games for me which is well over 12 hours of my life you threw in the garbage.

I can play only a few games or no games a day if I'm unlucky.

Get your shit together. You quoted that and now you do this to us? Unacceptable. How about you lose your wages up until this day. Administrative error because you got a few cents too many only to have your paycheck cut in half. That is what you have done. It is inexcusable and we need you to take us seriously instead of ignoring us.
  17. winterside

winterside River Troll

95% of people here are salty they lost their progress
    75% of the people who are salty are blaming it on devs/mods

And like me, the other 5% are laughing at the salty people
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Kal6

Kal6 Carnie

good idea. Rub it in and maybe you'll get even more laughs when upset people quote your comment. Seriously though, I'm over it... I needed a good reason to stop playing this game anyway.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Rr18

Rr18 Technologist

You are salty that vst that you didn't earn was taken away from you. It is very excusable and in fact it was probably inexcusable to do nothing. They took away the elo u didn't earn. It even says in the op. And tbh I trust SEMC's programs much more than I do the words of a few salty individuals who take a videogame too seriously
  20. Kal6

Kal6 Carnie

they messed up. Plain and simple. Ive done the math for myself at least and I know it doesn't take 25 wins to gain half a skill tier. Its way less than that and semc owes some us our time back. Instead they choose to blow it off like it never happened probably because they can't fix it. It's truly a mess but whatever... I'm sure most of us who were affected wrongly are over it. I know I am but since this mistake I've played 90% less than before. I log on more to these forums than I do in game lol