1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.7 Skye

Discussion in 'General' started by Sandiha, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Sandiha

Sandiha Stormguard

Did some math so here is a comparaison between skye in 2.6 and skye in 2.7 with and without target lock. Both pics are level 5 forward barrage and first pic is with frostburn and second pic is with frostburn bm eve without taking bm stacks into consideration.

20170808_173745.jpg
    20170808_173807.jpg
    So before any skye mains freak out, the changes make her slightly weaker in the early game and slightly stronger in the late game and with bm stacks and cp infusion she only gets stronger all that providing you're playing her correctly. I couldn't upload the full math behind the numbers because the pics were too big in size so if anyone is sceptical about them you can hit me up on discord and i will explain them to you im details.
    Edit: First pic is with forstburn bm eve and second one is with just frostburn.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rikikoo

Rikikoo Technologist

I think overall that's still a nerf, or a very strange buff. Your poking potential is severely decreased, and she can't switch target that easily.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Skieblu

Skieblu Technologist

I did the math as well and I can confirm your numbers
    This will make sniping out heroes, especially in 1v1's, much easier for Skye, but teamfights will be harder because heroes that aren't target locked can body block for their allies if they cannot escape.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Arza

Arza Stormguard

it's a nerf. basically you need more skill to use her effectively. and it reward skillful play because u can do more damage than before.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Sandiha

Sandiha Stormguard

Thats true but on the other hand she's even better into melee such as krul bf rona etc..
    And skye's early game was already weak so now she's even weaker but i was just showing that the changes aren't as catastophic as the numbers may suggest, i am already seeing rip skye everywhere she's still very good and arguably stronger for skilled players.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  6. Moonman117

Moonman117 Stormguard

I think it's a good change. It actually rewards Skye players for being skilled and the brainless ones who just permaslow you without allowing you to even get near them will do less damage
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Awesome Awesome x 1
  7. LegendaryE

LegendaryE Stormguard

yeah now you need to position yourself good instead of spamming forward barrage
    its absolutely a nerf to what all skye's players do , they target lock something to suri strike behind them to their target and spam forward barrage
    now you need more work to do to get target lock again and melt the target .
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ARod

ARod Stormguard

Ok I'm reporting this thread, anything about 2.7 should be put in @pilebusters thread. We don't need a million different threads about the same things
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Awesome Awesome x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. SpecialCarrot

SpecialCarrot Stormguard

Oh phew
    Better get even better at Skye...

She's my second most played hero. I hope I'm good enough not to flop with her after 2.8 XD
  10. seysenvg

seysenvg Stormguard

kind of nerfing her early game and buffing the late game. Still does a lot of changes.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Sparkz

Sparkz River Troll

its a nerf cz support hero can bodyblock to save their carry(which is target locked).
  12. Revinous

Revinous Stormguard

I Still don't think she's that good for high elo play :/ , games end too early and if you pick Skye in draft you are basically asking for the enemy to pull an early game comp. Which Dragonblood Fortress+Koshka combo will absolutely run her out of the match in those case.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sparkz

Sparkz River Troll

idk why developers hate skye this much ,first they killed wp skye now half killed cp skye
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. PvE

PvE Grangor

At least ps tb was nerfed, so the game I think will move to 15 min builds for the WP carry as opposed to 9 min
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Setbackss

Setbackss Technologist

This is gross misinterpreting of the changes. 2% more damage on a locked target is not a buff. Ever. At all. You trade it off for like what is that 15% less damage early game? And that's just locked on where she's supposed to be "better" but overall she's actually worse throughout the game even when locked on. Without lock on she's a complete potato and well played or not there's going to be lots of times you're hitting someone without a target on them (because you're not fighting bots you know?)

Calling this anything except a heavy nerf is willful ignorance. There's never been a game of skye played to this day where she'd have done more damage overall if this rework had been applied. Because there's only one instance post changes where she does more damage and the increase is tiny compared to every other scenario where she does less damage and the decrease is massive. This isn't complicated
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. LegendaryE

LegendaryE Stormguard

i think they nerfed her because of the players who main her and how she played
    everytime i see someone especially pro playing her in stream he/she say we won before winning because their build FB+BM+EVE completed
    like i could say there is a hope for anyone to win the game from both teams , except a team has skye with full build they going to win for sure

i could say baron full build should win , but honestly skye full build is the strongest , and some players doesnt even build defense at all
    even against taka's , they pick skye A side , B side go taka , lets just reach late game , build FB+BM+EVE , she wins
    with this change taka now a real counter to her .
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. CPKestrelOTP

CPKestrelOTP Elder

Not like she wasn't meta or anything, being INCREDIBLY weak into Kestrel, Idris, BF and Koshka.
  18. LegendaryE

LegendaryE Stormguard

early game yeah , a little team work and farming and once she build the 3 tier 3 items she is going to destroy them all
    the idea is about balancing the team , get good damage early game laner and good support and make skye reach late game .
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Sandiha

Sandiha Stormguard

Skye was very balanced, she has very obvious and numerous counters, she's weak early game and requires skill so she you can definitely beat her if you draft properly and play correctly against her. The main reason you usually see pro win on her is because they pick her in the right circumstances so usually last pick side B, you would never see skye side A or banned in the pro scene except for some very rare scenarios.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Sandiha

Sandiha Stormguard

Thats always been how you beat skye, your support has to body block the barrage.
    • Agree Agree x 1