1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Giving Greatness Where Greatness is Earned...a perk for the veterans of VG

Discussion in 'General' started by OneEyeOpen, Aug 11, 2017.

1. OneEyeOpen

OneEyeOpen Stormguard

As players of Vainglory we are all judged off from the aspect of our own Visual Skill Tier. Greatness is defined to be a player with a high tier rank regardless of how long one has played the game. Though some long term players may not have the passion to care what their VST represents, many players in high tiers may be represented or reflected in the wrong circumstances. For example: a newer player could grind to POA or VG without actually understanding the true nature of the game; whereas a long term player could excel and fully represent the nature of the game and be stuck in mid to low tiers. This, in my opinion, is a full misinterpretation of the word "vainglory" itself.

You can argue that a player who has no passion to achieve eminence in VST doesn't deserve to be recognized or acquire a "greatness" status at all, but a player alone who has overcome desire of virtue, is an achievement of greatness itself.

Therefore, I purpose a plan to give greatness to those players (new and old), where greatness is earned. This plan will detail the length of time a player has been battling on the Halcyon Fold, and give these players a symbol of "greatness" by reflecting the time one has played, by their wins acquired in ranked matches.

IMG_0199.JPG
    By giving a player an "avatar" next to their name, this will show the true respect of how long one has played. To show players your true understanding of the nature of the game.

I have upsized the friends list and added an "avatar" next to a players name. I also moved the NOTIFY and ADD FRIEND tabs to the top right of the screen. The online status is larger and moved to the right in order to fit the "avatars". There is also a new VETERAN tab for a new window which is imaged below.

IMG_0198.JPG

This is the VETERAN screen. You unlock "avatars" by winning ranked matches. You would be able to choose, if unlocked, which "avatar" you would want to represent yourself. Obviously is you wanted people to know your "Veteran" status, you would choose the higher unlocked level "avatar".

TL/DR
    We all desire "vainglory" in one way or another. How we represent vainglory doesn't reflect on how high our VST is. Give greatness to those players where greatness is due by giving a reflection of our time spent on this game. Above all else, you can achieve "vainglory" by winning or losing, it's how you represent yourself respectfully that matters!

-OneEyeOpen
    • Like x 10
    • Winner x 5
    • Awesome x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. seysenvg

seysenvg Stormguard

Nice idea! But the avatars could be something not related to in game heros, which will not make an understandment in players head like "The biggest win avatar hero is the best one"
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wolffortress0001

Wolffortress0001 Undead

How about 1 Avatar for each skin but you have to win a certain amount of times with the same hero
    • Like Like x 2
  4. OneEyeOpen

OneEyeOpen Stormguard

Right. The avatars do not need to be related to in game heros. Nor does it need be an avatar itself. I was thinking about giving these players an actual skin that NOONE can have unless unlocked by wins.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Awesome Awesome x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. pilebuster

pilebuster Stormguard

They cant even do talents or card boxes right how do you expect them to this?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. OneEyeOpen

OneEyeOpen Stormguard

The same way how you can't use proper punctuation and yet you're writing on the forums. ;)

I'm just kidding...This idea is what it is, an idea! I'm not saying to do exactly what I created, I'm just saying to give greatness to those who deserve it in the game.

To be honest, the card boxes and talents are opinion based. You may not like them, but personally I like it better.
  7. Arza

Arza Stormguard

that won't do
    skin is semc merchandise. also it promotes instalock.

maybe dev's portrait as avatar?
  8. Vincitoria

Vincitoria Vainglorian

Great post mate, there is something I'd propose to change though:
    -Let the hero portraits remain, but win numbers can be represented by bigger borders perhaps? That way people can showcase their mains while still showing their seniority!

+1 to this
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. seysenvg

seysenvg Stormguard

YES! A special skin for a hero that can be achieved by doing something CORRECT and winning. Like, "Absorb 3 million damage with Vanguardian ability" or "Stun 20000 enemies with Gauntlet ability" and only be achieved in Ranked modes.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Sourori

Sourori Carnie

Sounds like someone is jealous at POA/VG players
    • Funny Funny x 3
  11. Roscach

Roscach Mageborn

I really like this idea, I hope they consider. Having skin avatars would be great too as @Wolffortress0001 suggested.
    Sounds like someone is jealous they don't have anything to contribute to the thread other than this.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. OneEyeOpen

OneEyeOpen Stormguard

No not at all. It's the players who support the game and actually know the true nature of the game I want recognized.

Attached Files:

13. OneEyeOpen

OneEyeOpen Stormguard

I like both of these ideas.
    IMG_2667.JPG
    Like this but better?
  14. Vincitoria

Vincitoria Vainglorian

Something like that, what I had in mind were Colour coded borders or arrows or something along those lines.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Wolffortress0001

Wolffortress0001 Undead

How about like the border goes from Bronzes to Silver to Gold (with a tier style design on them)
  16. mima

mima Stormguard

Sooo, the Overwatch progression icon?
  17. Wolffortress0001

Wolffortress0001 Undead

I dont play overwatch so i dont really know but vg can do something their own style
  18. Gatorrex

Gatorrex Undead

We should be able to view profile pages of others and look at their trophy page also.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. ARod

ARod Stormguard

But what if a player really liked the glaive avatar (the lowest amount of wins needed to unlock), and just wanted to set that as his/her avatar even though he/she is a veteran player.
  20. Flicker

Flicker Stormguard

Well, rip to the old school players who don't play ranked.