1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SEMC's real test begins

Discussion in 'General' started by hhhggg, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Tacos

Tacos Gythian

They are one of the biggest corporations in the world so they have unlimited resources to promote the game. They also can afford the licensing to put DC characters in it. They also own other apps where they can advertise their game and not advertise others. Etc. Basically a Monopoly.
  2. Mariuthus

Mariuthus Technologist

"All about gamers skills "
    I loled so hard at that
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tacos

Tacos Gythian

It actually reminds me of an 80's arcade game. Which was pay to win with quarters.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. RoyalSerperior

RoyalSerperior Stormguard

Dunno. Everything with virtual Joysticks and buttons on a touchscreen is cringy and looks crappy IMO.
  5. TConn

TConn Stormguard

6. Tacos

Tacos Gythian

Go ahead, take a look. Vainglory should be fine, this game is nothing special.
  7. TConn

TConn Stormguard

No I meant the game screenshot you posted. I was on the losing team lol
  8. Tamaticon

Tamaticon Mageborn

well, batman wont do them any good, as long as he costs 16,5€ without a way to get him free. you are not making a competitive moba with that.
    i never thought i would say this, but vainglorys hero prices dont seem too bad, if you look at this game.
    the only thing semc could take from it is the free hero you get each day for playing a few games for your first few days.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. FinnTran

FinnTran Stormguard

This game is just a cheap rip-off of LoL tho. I think their original name "Strike of Kings" got sued so now they changed it entirely lol.
    Idk why anyone would play this game.
  10. Moonman117

Moonman117 Stormguard

Hate to be that guy but don't judge any game based on this because
    1. It's just cosmetics
    2. This is pretty standard, SEMC is pretty generous when it comes to skins which is one reason I get so annoyed when people complain about drop rates or skin prices
  11. Tacos

Tacos Gythian

Ya. I just installed it and theyre giving away a lot of other heroes for free and theyre really easy to get. The graphics look good on my phone but theyre nothing special on a tablet imo
  12. Shakty

Shakty River Troll

Same rip off trash games. there are 3 or 4 games in google store just like that.
  13. Tamaticon

Tamaticon Mageborn

the graphics are really boring on a tablet. the only thing that looks good is the river crossing the middle lane.
    allthough gifting new players lots of stuff will get them attached to the game more easily.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. JDT89

JDT89 Minion

Riot didn't sue strike of kings. That company that made strike of kings literally owns riot. Riot is however sueing Mobile Legends.

IMO Arena of valor will be a big hit at first simply because they own Riot (League Of Legends) that along gives them a good advantage, however VGs graphics and responsive controls will prevail at the end.
  15. pitchblack

pitchblack Elder

Yes, Arena of Valour is a very serious contender. However, I am 200% certain that SEMC has been very aware of their presence since November of 2015. More importantly, I am 1000% certain that SEMC has been strategically planning for their NA release for quite some time. Evidence of this can already be seen in the past subsequent months.

I would never underestimate the ingenuity, resourcefulness, creativity and sheer brilliance of the team down at the lair.

However, sometimes, you have to put your money where your mouth is; which is why I have gone ahead and dropped a few more "bucks" their way JUST to let them know how much their players are ready and willing to go hand-in-hand to take on Goliath.
  16. NerfElfPls

NerfElfPls Stormguard

VG has this same exact issue (though perhaps not to the same degree as SoK does).
  17. Cloudex

Cloudex Stormguard

At least in VG you have Block but if you get hit with CC in SoK it's a dead end for you because Captains there have no other ways helping you whatsoever.

But the heroes over there have BIG balancing problems. There was a tank who can deal ridiculous damage if her health goes low enough and she can heal like crazy. A gank of 5 won't even be enough. And they just buffed her even more. What a joke.
  18. Tamaticon

Tamaticon Mageborn

there will always be some heroes stronger than the rest. that is happening in every moba.
    the only question is, how much stronger than the rest will they be?
    i think vg has that part figured out most of the time and they are able to react the next update (if the change makes it through that is).
    with arena of valor, i have to play it a bit more, but not having access to one hero for ever is certainly not going to be a plus for them.
    • Agree Agree x 1