1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serpent Mask is useless

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by TheBLOB, Aug 12, 2017.

1. TheBLOB

TheBLOB Elder

Ain't nobody gettin Serpent mask these days that's the facts

In 2.6 the meta build for vox idris, krul and glaive was all about TB PS and SB/BP

For Gwen and baron it's all about SB Bp then crit

Joule still getting high off crit, SAW isn't a thing at all META is to not pick him ever

Finally the people who used to thrive off of mask such as Rona and blackfeather have had their former flame assassinated by the hot new girl poison shiv and as such have broken up

There isn't a single hero for which this is a staple item out of assassins, snipers AND bruisers. Imo the problem is that 1200 damage is nothing in the late game, everyone blows through this in seconds gets ~400 health then has a wasted slot and wishes it was a sorrowblade.. I believe it should have a stat buff to 15-20% lifesteal and have the passive pegged back to an additional 15-20% as opposed to 25%, making the item much more effective late game when the passive goes in seconds. Also it COULD become stackable on very specific heroes which would be a fun twist
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Moonman117

Moonman117 Stormguard

WP Lifesteal items in general are pretty shit, I mean the only reason PS is so good because it's got decent stats with a great passive
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. OneEyeOpen

OneEyeOpen Stormguard

Buy two of them...:p
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. hhhggg

hhhggg River Troll

Completely agree.
    1200 passive basically makes 400 extra health gained and in the lategame it's completely trash.

That passive needs to be removed and make it like the old Serpent Mask where you had a fixed amount of lifesteal.
    Make it like 25% or even 30% it's basically useless as 10% + 400 health compared with Poisoned Shiv

Same with Eve but Eve is better off cause there is no CP PS and it gives energy as well as CP.

So maybe leave Eve be but SM definetely needs a change
    • Like Like x 2
  5. BiggyFoot

BiggyFoot Mageborn

lol Rona?

and try out SM and PS on Vox and you'll see
  6. OneEyeOpen

OneEyeOpen Stormguard

Remember when you could buy two and get the passive from both? You could have zero health on skaaarf and be at full health with his ult! Haha
    • Awesome Awesome x 1
  7. SilntAssasnNinja

SilntAssasnNinja Gythian

Meanwhile...

*me in a match, still surviving as WP Taka with the Serpent Mask as my "defense item"*

@TheBLOB
    But honestly the SEMC had that problem where stacking old SM allowed for Krul/Glaive/Old Taka to have a +40% Lifesteal.
    104%/60%/70% lifesteal was pretty broken.
    Couple that with a crit and everyone was simply raging.

I would rather have the item grant you something like... increased health regen in combat?
    Higher Lifesteal the closer you are to dying?
    Like... 0.5% per missing 1% health?

Something like that which synergizes with glass cannon builds.
    I mean it would get pretty strong af when your life is on the line, but pair it up with slumbering husk and you get a pretty solid idea.

Everyone has PS so I guess both ideas work.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Teajcof

Teajcof Stormguard

Ok but rona makes sence... she will be able to got faster with a PS or provide greater utility when not ulting... And having more rage due to hitting those mortal wounds is always usefull....

As for SM it is rn only used for high sustain builds (PS SM BP) is still used a little on both BF and Rona (used to be vox... but I have not seen it at all since someone replaced that SM with TB for that sick burst :p)
  9. TheBLOB

TheBLOB Elder

Hehe there's is a clip on my twitter of me 1v3ing with that vox build vs Vg gold/silver but ONLY cuz I was very farmed up with about 13 kills and over 10cs a minute, meaning they can't really outdamage my sustain. In reality it's very hard to actually sustain in an even match as you're enemies will be bursting you down hence why sustain is insufficient
    • Like Like x 1
  10. TheBLOB

TheBLOB Elder

Actually old breaking point is he reason why serpent mask used to be meta, even on vox or wp Skye. With the stacks you could deal incredible damage with a double defence build and with resistances built up the life you regen from serpent mask is that much more valuable. However now without that Bp available wp carries either have to go 4 items to have that insane crit damage (wouldn't have enough resistances for he health regenerated to last) or go tanky with 3 wp items, in which case you simply wouldn't heal enough on most heroes unless they have crazy base damage stats like Rona ult or BF A
  11. TheBLOB

TheBLOB Elder

the first reason eve is good is exactly what I said about old Bp above ^ Bm gives you such good damage that a tanky reim or alpha only needs Bm and one other item to come online. Meanwhile mages can still use eve while glass cannon due to their incredible ability to keep range and as such evade damage. Wp carries do not have this luxury
  12. SilntAssasnNinja

SilntAssasnNinja Gythian

The current meta with Grace heals make PS a must most of the time.

I love Serpent Mask but I only use it on glass cannon builds otherwise there isn't a real point.
    *dead*
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Skieblu

Skieblu Stormguard

Serpent's mask is fine as is, it just works on specific heroes (SAW, Rona, Blackfeather). I suggest always following up SM with Breaking Point (SAW has some flexibility) so you can sustain that initial burst damage with your lifesteal long enough that you have a ton of breaking point stacks that anhilate the enemy team. You could also use it in glass cannon builds where you build a slumbering husk to help you sustain the initial damage and let serpent's mask do the rest of the work.
  14. TheBLOB

TheBLOB Elder

All work in theory but if they were true would be used in top tier (vg gold) and competitive, I'm not saying that as an insult I'm only ever vg bronze or silver and it works just fine but I'm saying enemies can properly abuse you for getting it if they're good
  15. Skieblu

Skieblu Stormguard

The same holds true for all other heroes. I personally don't think it's the item, but moreso the heroes.
  16. fabeyou

fabeyou Gythian

I like serpent mask.
  17. TheBLOB

TheBLOB Elder

Same, that's why I want it to work :,)