1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addressing Recent Fears

Discussion in 'Announcements & Status' started by wolf_hands, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Thelegitimatewin

Thelegitimatewin Gythian

Good ideas take time, and sometimes some heroes get skins before others as a result. It's not that the design team purposely wants to create skins for everyone else before Baptiste *Cough cough wuxia Ozo cough cough* it's more so they had a better cooler skin concept for another hero :)
  2. Thelegitimatewin

Thelegitimatewin Gythian

I've always wanted to express to SMEC SCEM SEMC how they should implement text chat or even voice chat to the game. Yeah, it's a risky move and it will inevitably encourage toxicity, but at the same time it can be extremely helpful, especially when it comes to ranked play. One of the main skills in any MOBA is good communication, and the sometimes the pings just don't do it justice. On paper, the pings seem to solve a lot of communication issues, but in practice it usually proves otherwise. I don't know about you, but I can't really tell my jungler what they need to improve on with a 'avoid' ping. That's really the last base that needs to be covered when it comes to communication in my opinion, and I feel text/speech chat is the best way to do it :)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DragonSkale

DragonSkale Meekos

So, I main Glaive for almost three years, but I can't play ranked matches cause of the lack of heroes (due to some mistakes in the past). So I never played ranked, but somehow I'm Gold Rock Solid (T3). And when I try to play Casual Games, in which I have over 80 wins I get only pros in the enemy team or in mine or completely beginning players in my or the enemy's team. Please fix this, I want to have fun playing too :/
  4. Varking

Varking Meekos

As a new player who had no interest in your game for years I can say I knew of the game but decided to take a leap of faith after seeing some ads online for this.

When it comes to why this over other mobile mobas? I came here because this game has been around for years, is on the competitive scene and because I have watched how active this mod team as well as the player base is on all forms of social media. You wouldn't be as active as you are if you didn't believe in your product.

Hoping to play this game for a long time going forward and I love seeing communication like this. Keep it up!
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Chriszle

Chriszle Community Moderator

Awesome~!
  6. doogeee

doogeee Grangor

do you still listen and look at forums...lool
    if you do pls... read... so many people wants new stuff like new UI or fixing how the pnishment works stuff like that or maybe juste) hahahA :l
  7. Akasha

Akasha Grangor

A little more customisation in the HUD would be nice, personally I would like options for the size and location of both items and abilities. The options we have at the moment are very limited, being a tablet moba there's no right or wrong hand position, posture, sitting or lying down, whatever. Everyone plays differently, and on different devices. so I feel the HUD design should reflect that. Just an idea. <3
  8. Mags

Mags Minion

On meta: my opinion on the over performing meta.

Dps: Some actual dps testing by devs would be greatly appreciated. Think about how much they can dish out over 30s and adjust their offensive rating with both weapon and crystal with abilities. Community feedback is often biased and based on their own favorite heros. Skill evadability is another factor and should factor small adjustments. Maybe You should adjust ratings on a 1-10 rating as a 30-300 damage avg. A 3 enemy dummy will be usefull and should be a dev resource. Very easy to make.

Defense: Overall defense should include overal ability to evade enemy attacks. Energy shield, dodging, and heal abilities included. A single scale model doing about 300 dps as usual "highest dps to one max armor item and shield item should be used. Using all skills and evading taking damage recieved by a good hero for testing with skills that are individually (evadable) and unavoidable. Including stuns. 1-10 rating. 30-300 avg damage received.

Mobility: a simple test no shoes all levels time to get to a line all move abilities used. 1-10 scale to seconds

Utility: Proc per second basis testing: ";use all utility abilities to stun etc. How often in a 30 second time frame can use this including how long its active? Do they heal or provide shielding? If so move to defense category. A multiplier in value 1-3x is included for whole team to single member for defensive testing. Use a 3 moving dummies. 1-10 stun rate per second 10-100% of the time?

This is balancing made by a reliable source. Of course totally dominating characters should be slightly nerfed. If Its still so its items that need to be provided to create a counterplay in a more buffed sense perhaps. I believe groups of players have a go to hero setup that becomes very meta characters and supports them with their community feedback. Again please use unbiased testing as the main hero scaler.

On SEMC "not listening":

The rating system and feedback is often biased and unfair against well mannered casual players. From experience I notice some people don't completely understand karma. For example, as a good rated player ill get four caution "pings and multiple frown faces at me each time I die. As a result I fell unwanted and help the other player and maybe he doesnt want me farming over there either. As a result I use "stick together pings", be carefull (when the guy who doesnt want my help rushes solo way across the map, or I might even respond angerly. At the end of the match I might end up getting a "thumbs down" for responding negatively for "rude pings" from a guy I already recieved rudeness from. Making karma hurt someone who was on the receiving end of the rudeness.
    This is why repeat offenders should temporarily have their ability to rate others disabled.
    Also perhaps a ratings % in total games should be applied. However its important to facor in that rude players will simply mark you for "trolling griefing" when the player had unskilled play. Since unskilled play exists and groups ostracising players exist an "unsportsmanlike"
    Rating should be availabe also; For players who completely ignore their teammates.
    As a result I feel the rating system of 1-5 stars is often lowered largely because of united friendly players playing against unskilled or unsportsmanlike gameplay get an unenjoyable experience. Consistently rated unsportsmanlike players in an avg amount of games should have a reduction in rank from total earnings over a certain amount of games.

So this is why I think SEMC seems to ignore lots of feedback. It seems to bea karma system that isn't well done and needs reworking. Taking into account very carefully and statistically feedback from good and fairly rated good karma players.

PLEASE TRY THIS METHOD
    Acc goneballistic
    Feel free to msg
  9. six6six

six6six Minion

how many of you agree to drop your rank when it come out with the new season?