1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New items Spellfire and Dragon's Eye stats, build path and cost

Discussion in 'General' started by RoyalSerperior, Oct 8, 2017.

1. RoyalSerperior

RoyalSerperior Stormguard

IMG_20171007_183336.jpg IMG_20171007_183333.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/VaingloryFeed/status/916777525447135251

I guess it's true, maybe it's not even a leak and PBE has greenlight already, if so, could a mod move it to general discussion then? Dunno, I'm not in PBE xd

@Gatorrex I'm only tagging you cause I know you are interested, implying you haven't seen it yet somewhere else. Otherwise, just ignore, pls.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. BlindInsanity

BlindInsanity River Troll

Yeah, I saw this yesterday and Dragon's Eye is really OP I hope they change it's stats before the update comes out.
  3. -Dragkensleif-

-Dragkensleif- Carnie

Dragon's eye seems really op and i'm kinda confused on spellfire....
    Thanks for the share :)
  4. RoyalSerperior

Inb4 Dragon's Eye, Aftershock and Broken Myth CP Fortress :Shamefullyembarrased
  5. -Dragkensleif-

-Dragkensleif- Carnie

Oh god
  6. BlindInsanity

Spellfire burns any enemy who you have done ability damage on.
    The burn lasts 4 seconds, and does 100% of your Crystal Power in damage. So 25% CP dmg per second. Lets say you are a saw and you have 1 shatter glass and a Spellfire, in total your CP is 240. You shank someone. You deal the shank damage, but you also give them a burn. The burn does 60 CP DMG per second for 4 seconds.
    • Useful Useful x 7
  7. RoyalSerperior

I saw somewhere that Broken Myth will have 30% Shield Pierce but without the passive.
  8. BlindInsanity

Yes, I saw that too.
    Echo is also in the utility section.
    FB costs 200 more (i think)
    FB doesn't apply to DOT (damage over time) like Samuel's drifting dark and petal's munions.
  9. HiHi

HiHi River Troll

Make it -10 crystal power to be balanced (and make this item is really really situational)
  10. BlindInsanity

That would give 175 total CP after 9 seconds, costing the same amount as a Shatter glass which gives 150 CP. That would make it very bad. Just saying
  11. DeadEyeDirtyEldy

DeadEyeDirtyEldy Stormguard

in another words:
    DE-similar to the old BM, just add extra 20 damage per stack instead amp your CP damage-pretty lame if you ask me...
    SF-unique item that will be good for DPS mages like Skaarf and Reim (their passive does CP damage over time).

Also note that the new BM is now only for shield pierce, with some CP damage on top of it, and
    CW now don't have CP amp at all...
    it now mainly for the low cd and utility to stop heroes like Celeste to spam helio genesis stars and to do crazy damage...
    Echo is now a utility purple items as it should

Side note they need to add new tier 2 CP items...
    i tired to see the old Heavy prism with Eclipse prism to Tier 3 over and over again...
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  12. DeadEyeDirtyEldy

DeadEyeDirtyEldy Stormguard

DE is the new broken myth, with ever lesser effect
  13. BlindInsanity

How so? DE alone can give more CP than (for example) Samuel's CP build of FB, BM, Eve. One item alone gives more CP than a full build of a hero, that alone is quite powerful. It almost gives the same amount of CP as 2 shatterglasses, 265 vs 300, only for the price of one shatterglass.
  14. Khantalas

Khantalas Stormguard

20 CP instead of 20 damage. A lot of crystal heroes have more than 100% CP ratios, which will make 20 CP worth more than 20 damage, and it affects things like Lance's CC durations or Adagio's heal, which weren't affected by Broken Myth's damage amplification.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Flicker

Flicker Stormguard

Dragons Eye will turn into the old Breaking Point for Roamers.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Tamaticon

Tamaticon Mageborn

it is doing the amplifier of bm, and bm wasnt the bp for roamers.
    i would only build de on heroes like grace, as she benefits a lot from some extra cp and can survive long enough to make it matter. phinn could use it as well. the other roamers might be better of with cooldown or other utility items though.
  17. BlindInsanity

It will be useful on heroes:
    Lance, Gwen, Adagio, Phinn, Possibly churnwalker, and maybe other roamers. It will provide massive damage and utility.
  18. Dachigenius

Dachigenius Technologist

100% crystal damage over 4 seconds???

180 CP on max 9 stacks??

Isn’t this broken as hell?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Khantalas

Khantalas Stormguard

Honestly, as far as Spellfire goes, not really? As long as new abilities don't refresh its duration or stack with itself, it really benefits heroes that have reliably crystal damage with relatively low CP rations, such as Reza or Flicker, more than heroes with great CP ratios, which are most of them.

Dragon's Eye is more of a replacement for Broken Myth's old passive. The exact numbers will probably be tweaked over the course of a couple of updates, but it benefits heroes with high CP rations rather than high ability base damage, and it doesn't help non-scaling crystal damage, such as Samuel's Corrupted Genius or the Aftershock passive proc (assuming it wasn't also changed, since the update notes aren't out yet). What is really interesting is that it also helps captain heroes with CP utility, such as Adagio, Grace or Lance, unlike Broken Myth, which only amplified damage.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. ScarletZero

ScarletZero Elder

Actually, from the way it's worded, each ability that damages any enemy will cause CP DoT. It doesn't look to have a CD like AfterShock does.

The Best Heroes for this would be those with Short CD, because that way they can spam their abilities. This would even make heroes with low CP Ratios Viable.

So Basically....
    SpellFire is for Heroes with Low CP Ratios
    And
    Dragons Eye is for Heroes with High CP Ratios.

Yay.