1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SEMC lack of information is fustrating

Discussion in 'General' started by pilebuster, Oct 10, 2017.

1. pilebuster

pilebuster Technologist

Let's face it they pretty much blindsided us again by not telling us beforehand about changes, the last time this happened they added the new boxes and people were unhappy.

Honestly the item changes themselves are fine but not giving players time to get use to the adjust that the whole game is changing with huge items changes and hero changes is ridiculous.It feels like SEMC don't trust us anymore.

On one hand they give almost nothing to be hyped and complain about ruining their hype when someone leaks info, on the other hand if we get leaks the leaker get severely punished.

Even if they couldn't tell us what the items changes are they could have told us that we are changing the items or the largeness of this patch.
    • Agree x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Aesthete18

Aesthete18 Undead

The point is to spend the entire update figuring out so people won't realize they're doing the same shit again.
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Walda

Walda Technologist

Why would they tell you the changes beforehand, this is not Clash Royale.
    Honestly, we have a full streaming week of seeing the new stuff, and youtube, and the fact adjustments are minor.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. idmonfish

idmonfish Community Moderator

Firstly there were scheduled release of teasers, both of new items, new hero and skins throughout the patch - that might not have generated hype for you, but it did for plenty of others you only have to look at the posts on twitter around the Churnwalker reveal to see this.

I think what you are saying is you want to know much more sooner.

Unfortunately the time frames honestly don’t allow for this - while they may have an idea what they want to do they don’t want to hype it until they have tested it and are happy with it - for example this patch the PBE saw 3 very distinctive attempts at achieving one particular overall goal - if they had started hyping the first one before we found the cancerous way to abuse it (and my god was it cancerous) it would have been disasterous. Likewise there were several iterations of possible new items tested and so on.

Changes for the patch are usually locked the week before the patch is released ie at about the same time as they greenlight the PBE for streamers to share with the public.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Awesome Awesome x 1
  5. pilebuster

pilebuster Technologist

That doesn't mean no communication is SEMC Area 51 now?You made me use this reference SEMC shame on you
  6. Teratoma

Teratoma Technologist

at least they should tell that the server will be down/ there will be patch, in 3-5 days advance, not like this. suddenly say today is the update day
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. pilebuster

pilebuster Technologist

But with the new items they knew they needed to make changes they already planned on doing it so there no harm in telling us about it since it highly unlikely they not going to do it
  8. idmonfish

9. Colton

Colton Stormguard

Maybe this is true I regard to 2.8 where everything was sudden. But my God the teasers for 2.9 have been hype inducing. I wrote a post specifically called "SEMC's Recent teaser work has been phenomenal" because of how much speculation there was around the new items and heroes. The item teasers specifically are great because they lightly tease what the item does.

I realize the overal major changes to vision and shield feel sudden. But that's probably because they are only finalized last minuet.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. usps

usps Technologist

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Awesome Awesome x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  11. Xaldarian

Xaldarian Stormguard

Agreed.

Also update will hit soon. Where are the freaking patchnotes. We need to be able to read those before playing the update. If the update hits tomorrow I would have wanted the patchnotes yesterday.

Especially with a total rework of the crystaltree, new items and other mechanics...
  12. Xaldarian

Xaldarian Stormguard

The teasers were annoying AF. Like someone flirting the entire time and nether following through.

Leaks were better than whatever Semc has put out.but they killed the leaks so no hype...
    I might have been hyped if I had time to read all of this and think it through!!!

Neh lets's keep players in the dark forever and hit them with a sledgehammer. Didn't see that coming? It was dark and you are swinging a freaking mallet at me? Are you daft?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. pilebuster

pilebuster Technologist

I guarantee you won't see the new crystal trees until the patch because they don't have time
  14. Xaldarian

Xaldarian Stormguard

The info is spread out over the entire forum...
  15. pilebuster

pilebuster Technologist

I read something else lol
  16. idmonfish

The more changes the longer the patchnotes the longer it takes to compile, check, translate and release them.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Ayoki

Ayoki Technologist

so people will be more active on their social networking sites, that is what they want.
  18. kaosX

kaosX Grangor

Should this thread be in the Salt Mine?
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. Madness500

Madness500 Stormguard

I want to see the balance changes right now.
  20. PixelatedTrauma

PixelatedTrauma Mageborn

go back to reddit hhh
    • Agree Agree x 1