1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Control your enemy bug

Discussion in 'General' started by Gatorrex, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Gatorrex

Gatorrex Undead

Since this is such a hot topic im just gonna put this here for free ratings

• Winner x 10
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. HiHi

HiHi River Troll

It's 2.8 bug and hot at 2.10? And the worst part of it the one who "controlled" is counted as trolling (when i got this bug i just rage quit) and the one who "controlled" deserve LPQ according to SEMC rules
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  3. Gatorrex

Gatorrex Undead

Nah, existed a long time ago, just that now its way more likely to happen.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gatorrex

Gatorrex Undead

Apparently when your name is red in the loading VS screen, it means you will play as one of your opponents.
  5. TriggaNometry

TriggaNometry Grangor

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Gatorrex

Gatorrex Undead

Kek sea server lagging like crazy now. Time to hack everybody
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Awesome Awesome x 1
  7. Trophallaxia

Trophallaxia Stormguard

Because when you want something to be fixed rapidly, your best bet is to explain how to exploit it.
    Approved.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. inktomi

inktomi Grangor

I just had this happen to me in a ranked match. My team was just stomping the enemy, then as we were in their base at 14 minutes or so, one of the enemies logged out and got back in controlling my Lorelai. He fired my abilities off randomly to run me out of energy, and when I died he spent the whole time selling my gear and loading me up with mines. Fortunately, my team won anyway, but I really felt bad for them. I lost my Great Karma, so I think I got reported for it.

SEMC needs to do something drastic. Disabling ranked play while the bug persists would be a start, as well as disabling downvotes. They should probably refund any Elo loss since the patch too.

As a player, it’s easy enough to figure out who is exploiting (it’s the one enemy who is not fighting), so maybe posting their IGNs would help?
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. PopcornOne

PopcornOne Stormguard

I'm not even playing standard matches until this is fixed.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. inktomi

inktomi Grangor

I can deal with casual. Ranked is a bad idea though.

They seriously need to call this a ranked holiday until it’s fixed. They should also put something about how to report the exploiters right up on the news page.

This is a junk patch.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Hoomee

Hoomee Carnie

Nothing’s happening here in EA so maybe it’s a server thing?
  12. inktomi

inktomi Grangor

Just got it again. Again, my team won anyway, but I was playing Celeste and kept getting my ult fired away from the enemy, and every second heliogenisis was dropped harmlessly behind me.

Maybe it would help if SEMC added a "Sorry, an exploiter is taking advantage of SEMC's shoddy programming to control my character" ping.

This very unprofessional work. I really like the hanges this patch, but the patch is not ready and should be rolled back until the problem can be solved.

And seriously, don’t talk about 5v5 while the old 3v3 game is nonfunctional. With this and th graphical errors, it seems like SEMC is probably putting too much towards 5v5, and letting quality slip in the mean time.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Trophallaxia

Trophallaxia Stormguard

I guess it's time to reallocate some ressources from marketing to QA.

jk jk
    • Funny Funny x 3
  14. VyCabel

VyCabel Minion

I had this bug during a Blitz match yesterday, but instead of controling the enemy team i suddenly started controling my one of my teams character....
  15. Airalin

Airalin Stormguard

I'll start by giving you the first IGN : @Gatorrex
    • Like Like x 1
  16. inktomi

inktomi Grangor

I think he did it more as a test. I think others are doing it more on purpose. And even if it was an accident, if you use it in a ranked match, that’s pretty messed up. It should be bannable.
  17. Gatorrex

Gatorrex Undead

You cant really manually exploit it though, you need the server to lag to be able to do it, not your own connection. And ive spent like 6+ hours over the last 2 days trying to do it but i was never able to, yet all my teammates were able to do it like 10 times already :mad:
  18. Noviwan

Noviwan Stormguard

Hell wish I could do that ... my teammates have been so terrible today I literally can't tell if they are possessed or not.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Ve3nNo0wM

Ve3nNo0wM River Troll

Anyone else getting the feeling that this bug is directly related to the "no down time" update?

Basically servers stayed online and you could update and play instantly...

Lesson: your server needs to shut-down... Because it's just not bad ass enough to keep running...

Even before the update, there was already the "hero stuttering" bug... Which alot of people mistaken for their own laggyness...

Give your server a rest SEMC. SEA especially.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. cwilfried

cwilfried Gythian

2.10 is really bad... It's like PBE and internal tests (if they exists) are useless.
    Currently, I have no hope for 3.0.
    • Agree Agree x 2