1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#NoRoamChallenge (Updated)

Discussion in 'General' started by Aesthete18, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Aesthete18

Aesthete18 Undead

I say, come together right now, over me!

Every day when I play my first game, i mean 9/10 times no roam, I'm down to play roam. It's like muscle memory. Then after that match 9/10 times I'm going, I'm gonna pick carry in my next match regardless of whether there's a roamer or not. Today a miracle happened, the same thing happened hah! So I was thinking instead of just doing what I'm about to do anyway, let's make a challenge out of it. I've seen people do bf to VG or Saw to VG so why not? I've paid my dues anyway. So imma do a 5 game challenge and update this post. Currently I've done 2.

LOSS
    First game, you know how it goes. One guy was nice enough to wait soft on ringo wp. In comes ma main boy (shoutout!) and instalocks krul. He goes skaarf. Skaarf plays well, well enough to win. My boy? Invades alone on level 1 against a Joule. He didn't buy defense until late game and fed. Most of my fountains were wasted on him.

WIN
    Second game, awesome. You know it's going to be good when the jungle is like wp/cp, up to you. Both switching, I decide SAW. Kosh and Ardan vs SAW, BF and Grace. Great communication, good understanding (friendly pings when folks made mistakes). It was a breeze.

LOSS
    Third game, two soft lock, other guy goes Ardan. Good match regardless of loss. We were overpowered by enemy triple carry but no one really did anything bad. Team mates weren't toxic.

WIN
    Fourth game, no roamer. I went Joule semi-roam. SAW toxic right off the bat. Realized we might have a chance after awhile considering enemy roam Lyra went glass WP. Eventually, enemy team started a suicide pack till we won

LOSS
    Fifth game, made a mistake and scrolled over Lance which triggered immediate double instalocking so I decided wth and went Lance. Reim had 1 offensive item, eve. The game was 24 minutes. There were likely a duo given I get them in the next match.

WIN
    Sixth game, ma crew is back. I saw my boy reim from last game but didn't realize the other guy was the same. Instalocked when I saw the reim, he picks Petal. Third picks Ardan. Petal has one offensive item, SM for the whole game. Lance was very good, at little aggressive but his CC was way too good.

-To be continued-

Come along my friends and let's do the No Roam Challenge! Victory!
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Madness500

Madness500 Stormguard

How is this a challenge? Everyone in SEA does it and die all the time!

(I am having tilt for 2 weeks straight. I need help.)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. TwipVG

TwipVG Elder

I dint play jungler for few months tho..
    Only a few carry..
    Most of the time roam..
  4. Aesthete18

Aesthete18 Undead

Thought I'd share how far I'd get by doing it. Unlike instalockers, it's a bit of a challenge for me so this thread is an excuse to do that hihi.

As for the titling, I played with you and it was one of the most annoying matches I've played in a party. So much so that I deleted you after cos I know I'll never play with you again. When you ping, I need vision while we at base before the game starts, it will rub people the wrong way. Idk, I'm extra sentivite to pings, I find micromanaging someone who is similar to your own tier to be intolerable. That's just me though, people are okay with the pinging I find. So I'd had to suggest, I'd say reduce the pinging and trust your team mates.
  5. Sandiha

Sandiha Stormguard

Holy shit, i would have muted him right away if he pinged we need vision before the game even starts.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Aesthete18

Aesthete18 Undead

I usually wait and see how it plays out, I have muted people in parties because it was non stop and I think I might have for a bit in this case. But like I said, I'm overly sensitive to pings. Are you as well? I always wanna know how people feel about pings.
  7. Magmaw

Magmaw Technologist

On topic, I found I started climbing ranks when (among other things) I stopped roaming. It sometimes results in triple carry comps, and sometimes you get really grumpy people (who themselves probably don't like to roam and are often bad at their job), but it also feels more satisfying since you have a better chance of making your shot calls work. People seem more likelly to follow your directions as a carry for some reason. :/

If you are careful though, most games that you play as triple carry/with a crappy roamer, will be at least as winnable as when you roam for bad carries. I've also found that a lot of the good/better roamers are decent peeps, and are more likely to also be reasonably competent carries (you still want to check people out before ranking with them though). They are also often happy to have a competent carry on THEIR friend's list. So yeah. 8.5/10 for me, hopefully the same or better for you. :)

Just curious, what do you think of the following ping scenarios? I have a tendency to ping a lot and I would like the perspective of a non-pinger :3
    1. Green Ping/Gather All (Our team fights are not going well, and I think we need to focus someone?)
    2. On my way...
    3. Caution! (On an objective or hero that I think we should avoid)
    4. Gather all (on turret)
    5. Stick Together! (in situations where that is not happening/damage focus is split/one of our members is more vulnerable)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Sandiha

Sandiha Stormguard

Yeah i mute people who ping excessively even if there isn't any toxic intentions behind them, pings should be used under the correct circumstances like lets take gold mine or wait i am not ready i need to shop or be careful they're all in that bush. I usually wait as well before muting someone but pinging we vision at the start of a game is a enough for me to lose faith in you and mute you rigth away.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Leohert123

Leohert123 Elder

I think Mad was joking, but you tell him!
  10. Aesthete18

Aesthete18 Undead

I totally agree on the triple carry being just as viable but I think more so in lower levels. You're having good luck in higher matches with that? And yes I also realized people do listen to the third carry more than the roamer after you saying it. I think it is routed in the fact that roamers tend to be forced to roam by the other hence waving their dominance making the other two the alpha. It's kinda ironic.

Okay I'm gonna be the official spokesman of the anti-ping campaign. Come on folks we can do dis!
    1. Green ping has a less annoyingly sound than rally. Pinging repetitively rally at the same time will annoy me. Heck, pinging anything 3 times gets to me. It's like, I HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME! But rally has a more louder annoyance ring to it.
    2. On my way is a great ping and I use it a lot if not the only one I use in the command ping category. It's a very reassuring ping and gives the listener importance by saying I'm listening to you and I'm on my way. Even when they don't call I'll say okay I'm coming to help.
    3. Caution is also helpful. It says hey I'm not ready don't attack him or we shouldn't because enemy is coming (helps if you point to enemy base and say look they've respawn). Again, pinging once is enough. I suppose it's okay if you give it a few seconds then ping again but don't do that arcade fighting game spamming.
    4. This depends. Easily the worst ping behavior is when someone pings hit turret when I'm already hitting or inches a way from it. I'm like, you Stevie Wonder? You can't see what I'm doing here!? But if you're saying hey guys let's go push instead of taking kraken/objective or let's push since we all here, don't go back to jungle. Then it's okay.
    5. Stick together is okay, used sparingly of course. Ping it once, and give it a chance, if I try goes badly again then say it again. You can top it off with a beer ping but I don't like that tip toeing behavior. It also comes down to a lot of game sense. Like don't say stick together late game when I'm taking the back farm, I'm going to come right to you after. Saying that doesn't help.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Madness500

Madness500 Stormguard

Someone suggested me to ping we need vision at start whenever there's a Kestrel, Taka or Flicker around.
  12. Aesthete18

Aesthete18 Undead

Everybody and their mom KNOWS THAT I HATE PINGING!!!!
  13. Aesthete18

Aesthete18 Undead

I'll gut you where you stand!
  14. Madness500

Madness500 Stormguard

I had no idea you hated pings. You never told me when we're queuing. For the love of God you should've told me.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Magmaw

Magmaw Technologist

Yep, triple carry is more a low-mid tier thing, but it still works sometimes in higher elo, I forgot you are like POA+ xD
    In regards to people listening to carries, its less about the third carry/dominance, and more imo that people see the damage people output - so its easier for them to understand that a carry means more damage (and therefore missing a carry means less damage). This doesn't stop everyone from picking fights at odd times, its more that they conceptualize/understand the value a carry brings to the table over stuns/peel/heal/mobility/blocks/silences ;-;

Interesting about the pings, I guess context is everything. Also, I listen to game sounds a lot, less now than before, but still a lot, and I had no idea that pings had annoying sounds to other people until now! The more you know, I guess :d

One other type of ping I'm curious about -

Something goes badly -> Sad face (1,2, or 3 depending) + (ok) + Beer

^ how do you view that? I usually do that when I (or someone else) goofs up, its as close as I think I can get to "ouch :( ok, don't give up/cheers!" but i don't know what other people think of it xD

Have you figured out a way to replace the ? on objectives - an alternate way of asking whether other players think you should start an objective? Caution on the lane/on jungle can signify a missing laner/jungler, but I've found it harder to communicate "questions" :p
  16. Airalin

Airalin Stormguard

Well in soloQ I barely ever ping, but when iam playing with people whom I know, at times I start the game by some random ping and then t2 smiley.
    I don't think it's that aggravating to anyone and tbh one ping, even in soloQ, isn't really an incentive to mute anyone. Ofc if they continue then yes you should mute them, but 1 is ayt.
  17. Aesthete18

Aesthete18 Undead

No I'm in CT now, I meant you're in higher tiers.

I think it's good that someone cheer pinging when i screw up. I usually do if after someone sad face ping, like nah don't worry about it. Sad face 2 is very tricky, never comes off good unless you ulted the wrong way and they saw it and you ping youself. Usually sad 1 works, I don't do the ok just cheer right after but i don't see any issues with that either. I'd like it if someone did that, cos I'll know where their head at.

For the objective thing, I use the on the way ping to say hey, let's take this Ill lead the charge? Sometimes i'll just start attacking it if I really feel we're good and caution ping if I can't take it alone or I need help. Once in awhile I do the green ping but I'd rather not. I use the OMW ping for lots of situations.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Aesthete18

Aesthete18 Undead

Wait did I play with you recently in bltiz? I know I did with someone from the group and THEY WERE PINGY! SHOW YOURSELF!
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. Airalin

Airalin Stormguard

Nah we haven't played in atleast the past two weeks
  20. Aesthete18

Aesthete18 Undead

okay, it's someone from the group though. I'll end them! Btw, we need to rank with Cres!
    • Agree Agree x 1