1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Do You Consider A Forumer Experienced?

Discussion in 'Forum Stuff' started by DarkHydra2002, Nov 13, 2017.

1. DarkHydra2002

DarkHydra2002 Stormguard

As the title states, when do you start thinking a forumer is competent at VG/Foruming? As in forum ranks, time they've been on the forums, etc
    EDIT: Wait, should this be in forum stuffs *done! - HS*
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2017
  2. Skieblu

Skieblu Technologist

Well this is not even close to my first gaming forums, so I’ve been experienced with how forums work ever since I joined. Now on the topic of beinf a reliable forumer on Vainglory content, that’s a different story.

The least I can say is that the titles and trophies don’t mean a thing. It’s the quality of the posts that matter. A good example are the amazing artists we have on the forums. Sure they don’t post much or have a great title, but their content is amazing.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. IratePirate

IratePirate Undead

It's not the time you've been on the forums, it's how you behave. I've seen new forumers that are much more bearable than some of the older annoying forumers.
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Trophallaxia

Trophallaxia Stormguard

From the moment he says sensible stuff.
  5. PopcornOne

PopcornOne Stormguard

When they discover OT
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. DarkHydra2002

DarkHydra2002 Stormguard

OT?
  7. PopcornOne

PopcornOne Stormguard

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. DIMTI

DIMTI Gythian

Welp looks like you’re not experienced
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. DarkHydra2002

DarkHydra2002 Stormguard

oh no.....
    ive been exposeddddddddddd
    *kaku away*
    • Funny Funny x 3
  10. Xyliaivalice

Xyliaivalice Grangor

You base it off their skill tier, their supreme level of passive aggressive cynicality, and whether or not they can spell.
    Not off of their logical ability to reason and present sensible ideas that contribute to a community to better others abilities, or create new ideas and strategies, or their ability to be an infectiously fun person capable of turning someone's depressed, salty tilt into a relaxed, laughing calm. That would just be stupid. :Mooning:Panda:Droid:Sorry:oldskoolLolSign
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Awesome Awesome x 1
  11. Saint7502

Saint7502 Undead

Someone is competent at Vg foruming when they post quality content frequently and keep cool with people to a reasonable extent.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. VainMaster017

VainMaster017 Gythian

I suppose competent fourmers aren't those who are immune to tilt, always correct, ect. It's simply the guys who can stop blowing up the salt mine, and make contstructive criticism rather than bitchy, pointless, and incredibly uselss threads.

*Cough cough*

Flower. The flower.

13. Magmaw

Magmaw Technologist

I care about the logic behind arguments, not their tier. That being said, its rare for a forum newbie to be talking much sense. There are also people my rank and above who didn't get there by telling other people they are being jerks, or giving long winded feedback/explanations. Generally, the less someone is able to explain something, and the more they lean on other things such as tier (or outright ignoring any evidence that contradicts their belief), the less likely I am to take them seriously. Likewise if they make a lot of jokes/shitposts or are needlessly negative at highly inappropriate times. I'm looking both at meekos posting in serious Dev threads instead of the salt mine, AND some older forumers who never seem to have anything positive or even constructive to say.

Not that a sub-T10 pleb would know what it takes to be truly vainglorious! Real T10s can't spell like the rest of them! D:<
    jk
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. HipsterSkaarf

HipsterSkaarf Community Moderator

To me, it's when a forumer quotes multiple people in a single post, in sequence, and quotes only the text of the post that they're directly responding to... them's the l33t 4um skillz.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. DarkHydra2002

DarkHydra2002 Stormguard

Ok
    Does this count :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. cwilfried

cwilfried Gythian

0. You should read this http://forums.vainglorygame.com/index.php?pages/forum_rules/

1. You need to be VG silver or higher.
    2. You need to show it.
    3. You need to be in NA or SEA.
    4. You need to be Stormguard and higher.
    5. You need to post good threads ( You'll get a lot of Agree, Winner and Like ).
    6. You need to post them in the General section.
  17. Wolffortress0001

Wolffortress0001 Undead

;-; lazy to do that
    Yep that's me kek
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. OneEyeOpen

OneEyeOpen Technologist

Respect and respectfulness; towards the community and the creators of the game!
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Wolffortress0001

Wolffortress0001 Undead

:rolleyes:
  20. OneEyeOpen

OneEyeOpen Technologist

0DBC44B8-9563-473A-B4A4-6C9FA78DEE9D.jpeg