1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resets and decay shouldn’t be thing without placement matches and ranked rewards

Discussion in 'General' started by Gatorrex, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Gatorrex

Gatorrex Undead

I feel that this needs a new thread.
    52A79CE8-B487-420E-92D2-E60E1B7B4BE5.jpeg
    Why another VST reset? It solves nothing. Its pointless. Its just depressing at this point. I was going to grind to vg gold next season, but GUESS WHO HAS TO SPEND ANOTHER MONTH GETTING BACK TO VG SILVER FIRST? And with 5v5 probably coming out after that month, why even bother climbing. Before you say ‘if you have the skill to get back to your tier, you will get back to your tier’, in vainglorious its all about grinding, the reset literally takes away all your progress of grinding. Its not about the skill, its about the grind.

Decay itself is demotivating enough to not have ranked rewards. VST resets combined with that just makes it pointless to climb ranks. If you want players to play ranked, how about give us some motivation instead of demotivating us in every way and punishing us for not playing ranked? Without ranked rewards, rank tier means just as little as blitz elo.

And with the tiers so unevenly balanced, it makes it even worse for high tiers. High tiers get affected way more than lower tiers. Tiers 1-3 are basically pointless since players start at tier 4, the mid tier is at 7-8 for some reason, and then when you reach tier 10 you suddenly need 10x more games to climb. Dropping from t10 silver to t9 silver is worse than dropping from t9 to t1.

Without ranked rewards or any form of motivation, climbing ranks just feels more like a task than a goal. Please do something about it. Add ranked rewards.
    • Agree Agree x 26
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Awesome Awesome x 1
  2. VainMaster017

VainMaster017 Gythian

You're shitting me.....

Going back to CT after like 3 years?

I CAN'T DO THAT DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH CANCER T1-8 WHERE?!

Now chilling in poa gold where some people are intelligent.... don't leave meh!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Gatorrex

Gatorrex Undead

Its VST, your MMR will still be the same and all your matches will still be the same.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. VainMaster017

VainMaster017 Gythian

O. well then it shouldn't be that bad. I understand why they're doing it, it's to flush out all the boosters who abused broken mechanics and pushed the tier to skill way high. Though it's a bit annoying to rank up
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Dachigenius

Dachigenius Technologist

At least i can play with my t6 friends now lel
    ( Honestly, idc about rank anymore )
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sidss007

Sidss007 Stormguard

Either don't fully reset VST and if you are resetting then don't grant bonus progress.
  7. Gatorrex

Gatorrex Undead

As if a VST reset will stop people from boosting each other. In fact it will make more people able to boost each other since everyones VST will be the same and the 1 tier party rule will basically be useless.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  8. Potatoe Rick

Potatoe Rick River Troll

Thank God i didn't waste my time with Ranked.
    I Also want to add, that if i'm playing ranked, even tho its my first few matches, i expect a god damn draft mode.
    TF is the point of playing ranked if there's no rewards, rank gets reset, and you don't have a draft mode wth.
    I had played 20 ranked games, lost only like 3 or 4 of them and still did not get to draft, i was silver 6 but stopped playing due to no draft and not enough hero selection (this is my fault as i don't own enough heroes yet).
  9. Sandiha

Sandiha Stormguard

wait its a soft reset or full reset
  10. mima

mima Stormguard

Oh fck off. Why do they keep doing that? Seriously? The only reason that'd be somewhat acceptable is to counter high tier smurfs. And even that doesn't really work if it's only a visual reset.
    As to any of their other "reasons"; who enjoys spending half a season fighting the same opponents just to get back to where you belong. (Seriously, those who enjoy it are welcome to tell me they exist.) I'm currently waiting to see if my motivation to play comes back and that is the very most opposite thing of motivating. And I guess they know. Which means the only reason those VST resets exist is to provide busywork, as ranked lacks any other form of encouragment. And even that only gets those people playing that care about their rank.
    Sorry, in a bad mood and this is not helping >.<
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. NekoFury

NekoFury Gythian

This has more truth to it than it should. Why would I want to rank to VG gold when I play against VG S-G commonly? And if my tier will just reset? Literally pointless. Going from 2400 to 2800 elo gives no reward even though it’s like going from T1 to T9.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. redson

redson Grangor

Having or not having vst reset doesn't change anything. Autumn season wasn't short by any means and if you couldn't get to vg gold then in that time period then you don't deserve it. And make up your mind people. All the deafening cry to have a reset because "noobs are plagueing the ranks" and now whining that you can't advance in tiers because of reset. Are you saying that you are the boosted player all this time? Anyways It's not like the reset only targets you so people who deserve vg gold will get there and no need to act like the world ended.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. NekoFury

NekoFury Gythian

Lol.
    Once you’re in Vainglorious, wins only get you like 3 elo.. I’m not a math major, but at that rate, getting from 2400 to 2800 isn’t a walk in the park..
    I’m not disagreeing necessarily, but I don’t think you know just how long it takes.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Sandiha

Sandiha Stormguard

Well first he was grinding his decaying account to silver in autumn so that's why he run out of time and second getting vg gold requires a lot of time, you get 1 or 2 elo per win 3 at max and lose 5 to 7 per loss so you can have the skill for gold and run out of time it happens to a lot of people. You have no idea how much time and effort you need to grind at that level so don't jump into conclusions that quickly.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. klemnec

klemnec Community Moderator

I had a patch that I was ready to go for silver solo but then life happened and got busy. I was getting around 5 elo per match and losing about as much, it is purely grind and I no longer have that much time to go for it so I just go for minimum of vg requirements.
    *Even if I partied it would reward me about the same elo so it was useless regardless,

The skill gets set between vg bronze and silver (where the boosted ones or people that have no time/patience to grind stay).

If they wanna keep people attracted to ranked I’d suggest either a soft/full reset every half year or even yearly to keep people going for their goal leaving only decay in place through that time.
  16. Modafar

Modafar Elder

Haven't ranked in the past 2 seasons lol
    Add rank rewards or rito
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Skieblu

Skieblu Technologist

Hopefully this does resolve the issue of boosted people. Although like you said, the one tier rule would be useless in the first few matches, which can make boosting possible.

For me, my motivation is just for the trophy for the end of the season. Idk about you, but I would be disappointed in myself if my next season’s trophy doesn’t match my previous season’s.

I wouldn’t mind ranked rewards, such as getting increased spoils of war and higher chances of getting uncommon card drops and card drops in general after each match in that tier. As long as they aren’t like a chest or something you get just after getting a tier because then people will just grind until they get the chest and stop playing altogether. Having better spoils of war encourages you to keep on playing even after you reach the desired tier because you have to maintain that tier in order to reap the benefits.
  18. Xaldarian

Xaldarian Stormguard

Decay and resets are insane together. A decayed player can be dropped 2 full tiers...
    Meanwhile MMR stays the same. All of this means very active players get boosted and players with less time are punished for it.
    You can't team up with decent players when you are reset and decayed. Trust me I've been there twice. It means you have to soloque completely because of the 1 tier rule.

Decay needs to be removed. VST needs to be removed too.

@VideoVillain
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. klemnec

klemnec Community Moderator

Actually (personal experience) when you decay to the vst floor, you won’t decay from there neither does soft reset make any difference. It has been like that since they added the decay floor but now we’re getting a full reset.

Also guys, I think this full reset this time is to actually try to fix the vst/mmr. From my understanding, the bonus will only affect the elo we receive, not the players we will be matched against (I can be wrong here tho). VST and MMR are going to become one and decay would affect both this time. But once again, I may be wrong.
  20. TheLegend

TheLegend Stormguard

Ranked rewards pls.
    We need incentive
    • Agree Agree x 1