1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Is Reza (Since He Doesn't Seem To Have A Spotlight)

Discussion in 'General' started by TheInterpreter, Dec 6, 2017 at 9:23 PM.

1. TheInterpreter

TheInterpreter Meekos

Made a post about what Reza can do and how strong he is, but I see the main issue is people don't understand what he is, and since he doesn't have a spotlight, I'll briefly explain his role on the fold and where he excels. I'll add a video tutorial. Hopefully the video, along with that guide, will help clear up some misconceptions.

Reza is a backline assassin that excels at harassing enemies from a range, just to close the gap & finish them off before they realize how much danger they're really in. His main role is as a distraction, to enemy captains, and an assassin to who they guard, able to force captains into engagements by pelting them or their guard with fireballs from afar, and when they rush in, with their backliners trying to help or running away, reposition past captains & onto their backliners with his Netherform, wiping them out & getting away with little damage with his 2 Troublemaker dashes, or using those dashes & remaining time on his Ult to combat the captain until he either wins or can get back to safety. He is a risky hero in that once he commits to killing an enemy, he must throw himself into the middle of the fray, and as a squishy assassin, this is not where you'd expect him to be, however his constant presence & mobility provides him some safety while making him a constant hovering threat to enemy mages & ranged heroes, never knowing when they will be completely safe to try to snipe him. This allows him to scramble enemy strategies, or take advantage of that one weakened backline attacker or support that makes the mistake of staying in the battle to help try to win the engagement.

A simple example of using Reza is a weighted matchup of 2vs1 of Reza against a Gwen & a Lance. Reza's teamate, Krul, is in the jungle farming & Reza has just left base when he notices the enemy Gwen & Lance have snuck out of lane brush to push minions toward his turret. He rushes into battle using his dashes to speed up the pace, knowing it will recharge by the time he reaches turret. Once he gets there, he sees a line of minions running in, followed by Lance, with Gwen bringing up the rear, he throws a fireball into the line and lance lunges in to root him, but he uses his dash to slide through the minions and away, weakening them enough for turret to finish, and hurl a fireball at the approaching Gwen. Lance combat rolls him away, but he simply hurls a fireball at Lance & retreats. The enemy is frustrated their push for turret has been stopped by a lone Reza, and push to finish him off before teammates arrive. Reza takes advantage of his speed and range to dodge Lance & pelt Gwen from afar. Gwen has taken some damage but still has a lot of health left, while Reza is close to a quarter health, when Gwen and Lance catch Reza with a root & shotgun combo, and knock away, weakening him to half health. Looking to finish him off, Gwen approaches and throws a card while Lance rolls forward to basic attack, when suddenly Reza ult's past Gwen's card & Lance's roll, jumps on her for spike damage, and combo attacks while Lance is too far forward to help her. Reza weakens her to a sliver of health in seconds, and she tries to skedaddle away, but Reza's dash speed is too much for her to handle, and he is able to secure the kill, but is weakened. By this time, Lance has reached him and is ready to engage, but all that time engaging one enemy hero has allowed Reza's teamate, Krul, to notice the attack and sneak into the lane bush from jungle. He sees Lance preparing to root Reza, and hurls his ult at him, stunning Lance. The two then proceed to chip Lance to low health when a third teammate, an enemy Koshka, jumps on Reza and stuns him. He has almost no health by the end of the attack and is about to die, when his ult comes off cooldown. With almost no health, he ults in the direction of his turret, and immediately dashes under it, making it a threatening option for Koshka to chase him. She attempta to, but he is just outside of her range. She realizes her mistake as he throws a fireball at her, and she tries to pounce onto Krul to at least try to escape, but it's over: Krul attacks her as Reza hurls fireballs from afar, and Krul's smite secures the ace.

Another confrontation with Reza is in the jungle, and shows off his ability to confuse enemies with his movement. Reza is roaming in jungle when he has comes across a Krul trying to finish an already weakened enemy sentry for some extra gold. He catches him in jungle lane, and engages, but finds he is too weak to defeat Krul's weakness stacks. He pings his teamates at the enemy location but does not run. He stalls, damaging Krul even though he will eventually lose to his lifesteal. He gets Krul to lose almost no health while he is at half, and is now low, so Krul smites him in an attempt to finish him off, but Reza immediately uses the walls to his advantage and dashes through a wall, narrowly avoiding certain death. By this time, his teamates come and assist, but are still struggling to take down the Krul, with hus massive lifesteal. Krul thinks Reza has gone back to base, so he chances trading off his death for a kill, but little does he know Reza is hiding in the other lane, watching him, his teamates vision assisting him. Reza waits a little, scouting, and sees his minions have vision on enemies moving into lane brush to come help, and takes the opportunity to surprise ult onto Krul & help finish him off before the rest of enemy team arrives, and helps ensuing team fight by lobbing fireballs to poke at enemies, even though he can't get close.

Yes, Reza is a troublemaker that often puts himself into danger, but he is better suited to get those surprise kills on squishy enemies who think they have enough health to stick around for his pokey shenanigans. He can disrupt teams by throwing himself into the middle of battle like his WP counterpart, Glaive, but instead of forcing them to reposition, does so with his own ability to dart around and his sheer killing power once in range. Use him in lane to be a constant distraction to enemies who would rather be left alone to just carry, or send him into the jungle, and watch as he confounds enemy junglers by always being just out of death's grip, darting in from one bush to the next before they can keep up with him.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Trophallaxia

Trophallaxia Stormguard

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. DarkHydra2002

DarkHydra2002 Stormguard

And then you realize there’s something called alpha...
  4. TheInterpreter

TheInterpreter Meekos

lmfao, Yes, completely understand: there's Alpha; but Reza does CP dmg :) so there's that...
  5. TheInterpreter

TheInterpreter Meekos

@,Trophallaxia

So what else is a hero that does most of its dmg from the backline, but counters backline heroes on the enemy team heavily, as well?

I'm really getting tired of you cornballs & your attitudes, when you aren't even contributing to a realistic conversation.
  6. StarlightO9

StarlightO9 Elder

He's referencing that reza is not a backline assassin, there are no backline assassin's for that matter. Reza entire damage is from his passive which requires him to go in melee range and proc it meaning he cannot be a backline hero.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. VainMaster017

VainMaster017 Gythian

Reza, Frolics through halcyon fold burning everything in his path until he meets then big, bad
    warrior class. He then proceeds to get his ass handed to him.
  8. DarkHydra2002

DarkHydra2002 Stormguard

hypothetical situations like this dont show anything....
    i could be like OMG ringo op peeple say he iz french fry but he op
    imagine, there is triple melee. Ringo has op move speed and A. he kite backwards and kill everyone. OPOPOOP
    • Like Like x 1
  9. pile of ash

pile of ash Stormguard

10. TheInterpreter

TheInterpreter Meekos

Yes but Reza never attacks from the frontline he always attacks from a range or the back of his team UNTIL he decides to proc it in a teamfight, and he doesn't stay in the middle of fights, he gets out unless he has his ult up, so what the heck do you call that? Wtf is wrong with you people, lol. It's like you never played this game and are just talking from a book of "things about vainglory, that are talking points I've heard about the game, but don't address the actual gameplay"
  11. TheInterpreter

TheInterpreter Meekos

lol Hypothetical means it doesn't actually happen. I wrote these examples because they actually happened. I just haven't recorded them, which is why I'm eventually just going to post a video and watch people whine about it being only one time or a cas match or low ranked or even if I was playing with a high rank, that they 'weren't taking it seriously'; oh, I'm sure people will come up with something lol.
  12. Trophallaxia

Trophallaxia Stormguard

This guy is only a Meekos but already as salty as the Undead SEA. :oldskoolLolSign

Also don't tweak the reality to make your point. Reza is not even close to do most of his damage from the backline. It's called setting up the good conditions to dive. Just because he has a 9m range poke means that he's a backline.
    His perk ? Basic attack
    His B ? Empowered basic attack
    His ult ? Apply his perk which means, guess what, b a s i c a t t a c k.
    But yeah, I'm already aware that there is no point arguing with a wall.

Btw I was just highlighting the oxymoron in "backline assassin"
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Lyra

Lyra Gythian

Nah, Ringo so potato that even triple Melee can kill Ringo easily.
    It’s called a mage assassin.
  14. Potatoe Rick

Potatoe Rick River Troll

I hope you are serious and not a troll.
    He has 1 ability that does dmg from afar and the rest of his kit focuses on his perk and AA.
    Just because he pokes a few time before jumping does not mean he is back line.
    Celeste is back line, her kit involves her staying behind her tank to deal dmg.
    You should be looking at where the hero needs to be placed to deal the most dmg.
    Reza = poke, poke, poke, then jump in your face and then out. = Behind enemy lines.
    Celeste = stay behind tank and cast spells. = Back line
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Glowurm

Glowurm Elder

Reza lane? What is this crap; your examples aren’t example, rather a running hypothetical fight. You honestly playing him in lane? If you are you’ve lost all credibility as far as I’m concerned; in the early game your going to be bullied; you’ll end up snowballed.
  16. TheInterpreter

TheInterpreter Meekos

lol I've really come to discover through trying to share knowledge that the real problem with this community is the same as any. i mean it's really nuts that with all the information I shared with you, some of you can only focus on the term I used to describe be him. i mean it really reached the point of mage assassin vs. backline assassin when mages usually always stay backline unless their abilities require otherwise? And people really think they'd make a character you literally cannot play in lane? If that's where discussion is here, I can understand why most developers & staff of SEMC don't get involved, beyond all the other reasons. Like I said in another post: I don't waste time arguing about facts. Play me in game, see how my playstyle works with Reza, serious or not, then make a statement. I, on the other hand, have nothing else to say.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Xelioz

Xelioz Stormguard

Reza is part time "Best Dad in the World" and part time an Ifrit
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Awesome Awesome x 1
  18. Edal

Edal Stormguard

His damage is lack lustre, and his defensive capacity is paltry. His mobility is his only saving grace.

As such the one and only thing he actually is a,
    GOOD Skye counter.

That's all a SoloQ player needs to know.