1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Vainglory Forums are Closing READ MORE 

The Vainglory Forums are closing

Discussion in 'Announcements & Status' started by mejlis, Jan 22, 2018.

1. wolf_hands

wolf_hands Vainglory Developer Super Evil Megacorp

• UserRankRibbons
    • by Retarded Tech
    • --------------------
    • Administrator
    • Global Moderator
    • Staff
    • VIP
    • Contributor
    • Donator
    • Banned
    • --------------------
    • Ribbon 15
    1) Evidence, or lack of evidence, is always going to create conspiracy theories. So the most I can say is that Vainglory is not, in fact, declining.
    2) Copypasta from another comment: There's so many other avenues to use for criticism, and we encourage everyone to continue giving us their opinion, both positive and negative.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. screepy

screepy Gythian

Destroying their community just to get new players for free? No.
  3. Lun

Lun Stormguard

Perhaps if you were more active in answering the community we wouldn't get that impression.

Oh, where? On Twitter and its short comments to what YOU decide to show us? On Reddit where there's a hivemind of yes-men? Perhaps on Facebook?

Forgive my tone, but I'm pissed because I care.
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. wolf_hands

• UserRankRibbons
    • by Retarded Tech
    • --------------------
    • Administrator
    • Global Moderator
    • Staff
    • VIP
    • Contributor
    • Donator
    • Banned
    • --------------------
    • Ribbon 15
    Ignoring, if I may say, can be done on any platform.

LoL does not have a forum any more actually.

3V3 and 5V5 = not serious?
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lun

Lun Stormguard

But I went to LoL's official forum five minutes ago? What did I miss?
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. lcaraway

lcaraway Community Moderator

If this was the reason the forums would have been shuttered a loooooong time ago.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lun

Lun Stormguard

I disagree. The situation can get much worse over time (perhaps because the users get worse or the game gets worse). Plus, they might have given some time to the forum. The financial situation and marketing situation might have changed too.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. ThePowerpuffBoy

ThePowerpuffBoy Stormguard

Uh.....league does have a forum. What are you talking about? People claim that to
    be one of, if not the most toxic communities, yet they still have their forums. I'm so tired of yall with the bs and lies.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Lun

Lun Stormguard

Yeah I'm very perplexed about their constant claims that the League forums don't exist, since I was there five minutes ago, reading comments from the developers.

The fact they're trying to make such a blatant lie doesn't make them look any good.
    • Agree Agree x 5
  10. wolf_hands

• UserRankRibbons
    • by Retarded Tech
    • --------------------
    • Administrator
    • Global Moderator
    • Staff
    • VIP
    • Contributor
    • Donator
    • Banned
    • --------------------
    • Ribbon 15
    I don't have the title to share certain data. We do give updates on how things are going from time to time, but it is not every week or month.

It's not hard to find users on these platforms who do not agree with us (at almost every turn tbh). As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, users have more control over what topics they want to keep alive (and we're actually given less power to "silence" those topics, as on here we could delete things, which is strictly against how we operate, but worth pointing out). Something else I mentioned, platforms are entirely up to the users on them. Don't like XYZ on a platform? Make your own or start influencing the existing ones

No worries, honestly, we know this is tough news. Even many of us are sad today.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Teajcof

Teajcof Stormguard

It is archived...
    • Like Like x 1
  12. screepy

screepy Gythian

So here‘s a summary of my thoughts, I‘d appreciate if @wolf_hands would comment.

1) Why has SEMC become what it is now? When i started playing Vg it was this aesthetic, serious mobile moba on my iPod. I loved the game because it‘s not just a game like Clash of Clans. Now it‘s like Clash Royale with IAPs everywhere and multiple bad decisions (Se skins, Talents...). So why has SEMC become what it is now? Is it because you hired the wrong, greedy people?

2) If your goal is to get more traffic on social media (free advertisement) by closing the forums I highly doubt it will work: You destroy a big part of the community just to get some new players...

3) You mentioned above that you don‘t silence us by closing the forums but that‘s basically what you‘re doing: All those other platforms aren‘t made to discuss scandals like the Se skins scandal. On reddit you won‘t get noticed because people troll downvote and post memes.

4) Heres the LoL „Forums“ https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/
    Also Blizzard has forums for all their games and they are one of the most popular game companies with a big and great playerbase.

5) Overall I‘m sad to see how the game/company devolved from a open minded gamer for gamer company to a company like ubisoft or ea. You treat your veteran players and hardcore playerbase like sh*t and just care about making money and getting new players into the boat.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. wolf_hands

• UserRankRibbons
    • by Retarded Tech
    • --------------------
    • Administrator
    • Global Moderator
    • Staff
    • VIP
    • Contributor
    • Donator
    • Banned
    • --------------------
    • Ribbon 15
    If you're talking about their board, that is not their forum. Boards are essentially a company-hosted subreddit (to oversimplify).
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. ThePowerpuffBoy

You guys are sad, yet still deciding to close the forums. Please just admit yall are trying to silence us. Also you keep saying the platforms are what the users make them. Part of this is true, but it's also what the delevopers make them as well. I'm sure if you guys were more active than you were the forums wouldn't even be like this today.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Teajcof

Teajcof Stormguard

@mejlis @wolf_hands it says take your screenshots now does that mean that you guys are not only closing it but removing it rather than archiving it to be browsed? I mean that is a ton of hero concepts and fan art that will be destroyed and there is not enough time for the community to save it all.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  16. RoyalSerperior

RoyalSerperior Mageborn

Guess they just can't stand any form of criticism. Anything that isn't just silly praises might hurt their feelings and (due to their magnificent clutch moves) the criticism has reached a point that it's so damn obvious that it's better for them to just shut the forums down.

Seems like doer will finally send us to sleep. :eek:
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. ThePowerpuffBoy

They want to get rid of all the discussions and evidence.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Saint7502

Saint7502 Undead

Guys I'm still not able to change my profile pic...
    • Funny Funny x 3
  19. wolf_hands

• UserRankRibbons
    • by Retarded Tech
    • --------------------
    • Administrator
    • Global Moderator
    • Staff
    • VIP
    • Contributor
    • Donator
    • Banned
    • --------------------
    • Ribbon 15
    1) I'm unsure what to tell you as the vast majority of SEMC-ers are still the same from 1, 2 and in some cases, 3 years or more back. We definitely still make mistakes, and take everyone's voice into consideration when we make those mistakes. Many changes to large systems in Vainglory came from community sentiment.
    2) That is not the goal at all. Fostering the community to become more efficient, effective, positive and constructive are some of the main goals. I won't lie, it does suck :/ But sometimes the right decision isn't the easy one.
    3) I will need to disagree with you on this. When these instances occurred, their megathreads were at the top of the sub for a week or more (if not pinned). One thing to point out, reddit uses megathreads to consolidate the conversation so the same things aren't said over and over. Sometimes, to the untrained eye, that can mean the rest of the sub looks barren of criticism.
    4) Boards are essentially a company-hosted subreddit, and not forums.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. wolf_hands

• UserRankRibbons
    • by Retarded Tech
    • --------------------
    • Administrator
    • Global Moderator
    • Staff
    • VIP
    • Contributor
    • Donator
    • Banned
    • --------------------
    • Ribbon 15
    Things may stay for a while, but because we'll be leaving them, we cannot guarantee how long they will last and so advise screenshot-ing or saving content however needed now.