1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Vainglory Forums are Closing READ MORE 

The Vainglory Forums are closing

Discussion in 'Announcements & Status' started by mejlis, Jan 22, 2018.

1. wolf_hands

wolf_hands Vainglory Developer Super Evil Megacorp

• UserRankRibbons
    • by Retarded Tech
    • --------------------
    • Administrator
    • Global Moderator
    • Staff
    • VIP
    • Contributor
    • Donator
    • Banned
    • --------------------
    • Ribbon 15
    I encourage you to still send feedback via the other channels. Voices are still very much heard.
  2. wolf_hands

• UserRankRibbons
    • by Retarded Tech
    • --------------------
    • Administrator
    • Global Moderator
    • Staff
    • VIP
    • Contributor
    • Donator
    • Banned
    • --------------------
    • Ribbon 15
    If we really wanted to do that, we'd just shut them off no warning, right? That's not the case though.
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. screepy

screepy Gythian

It‘s not just about the forums but also about the ingame experience. Who decided to flood the market with ice offers and shiny yellow buttons? Also there are lootboxes everywhere and it just doesn‘t feel good anymore to browse the Ui.
    I know, mistakes are human but it seems like you try to press out as much money as possible out of the existing players instead of advertising and getting money from the new players. Anyways idk where I should go now, it have been some great years here.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. wolf_hands

• UserRankRibbons
    • by Retarded Tech
    • --------------------
    • Administrator
    • Global Moderator
    • Staff
    • VIP
    • Contributor
    • Donator
    • Banned
    • --------------------
    • Ribbon 15
    100% agree on the UI. That's why there's a revamp incoming Once it's in game, we're going to be all ears on how players feel about it and continue evolving it over the coming updates.

I personally love twitter due to the openness it gives users (not only to communicate, but for other ways to use it as a tool). I expect many forum users will be partial to reddit and facebook, and once there, I expect them to shift how those platforms are to longer-form content, and can't wait for that!

Edit: didn't quote post, so doing that now.

Fixed it for you. ~klem
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 4
  5. Wali

Wali Elder

How on earth will you even manage your bug-ridden operation without the Bug Reports & Help section?

Seriously, it was the first place I turned to after every update, because it had all relevant information consolidated in one place. Players were doing part of your job for you, by confirming the validity of issues, offering workarounds and ways to reproduce them.

And now you are going to do what? Try to somehow grab information from 5 different sources, none of which has a dedicated structure for this? Roflol?
    Do you honestly think I will follow bug reports on twitter? Are you retarded?

And all of this, because you seem to run your marketing operations out of a crack house, and can't seem to get a f*cking handle on it. Spectacular..

I would say "plx no ban".. but LOL!
    • Agree Agree x 4
  6. Brian

Brian Stormguard

Bruh.

Come on.

League and Overwatch both have company forums/boards/message boards. It's all the same thing.
    Please don't act like they do not.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  7. ThePowerpuffBoy

ThePowerpuffBoy Stormguard

Drag them
  8. wolf_hands

• UserRankRibbons
    • by Retarded Tech
    • --------------------
    • Administrator
    • Global Moderator
    • Staff
    • VIP
    • Contributor
    • Donator
    • Banned
    • --------------------
    • Ribbon 15
    Every channel we've mentioned has a way to report bugs.

Discord, reddit and Facebook should still have these sorts of things. We also usually put up a Support FAQ page about each update.

We've already been gathering information from all of the places mentioned. ‪@vainglorystatus‬ is where we give updates for twitter.

I'm really not sure how this has anything to do with marketing?

Nah, no ban from me. You're giving your opinion, even if it is a heated one, and I respect that.
  9. wolf_hands

• UserRankRibbons
    • by Retarded Tech
    • --------------------
    • Administrator
    • Global Moderator
    • Staff
    • VIP
    • Contributor
    • Donator
    • Banned
    • --------------------
    • Ribbon 15
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Brian

Brian Stormguard

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Vorpalv2

Vorpalv2 Grangor

So Discord it is now huh
  12. wolf_hands

• UserRankRibbons
    • by Retarded Tech
    • --------------------
    • Administrator
    • Global Moderator
    • Staff
    • VIP
    • Contributor
    • Donator
    • Banned
    • --------------------
    • Ribbon 15
    Again, these are boards. No where I've seen are they called forums, to not even mention the way users interact on them is completely different. Will leave this topic now as it is going around and around.
  13. Lun

Lun Stormguard

I think SEMC should be aware that Reddit is an extremely unreliable source of opinions.

Twitter is a little better, but you can't discuss there, only comment on what is shown by the devs.

Facebook is in a somewhat similar position.

I haven't used Discord much, but an official Vainglory Discord that the developers can check and comment to might be good. I used Discord only for the videogame Injustice 2, but it seemed more acceptable than the trifecta of evil mentioned above in my comment.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Phrosts89

Phrosts89 Carnie

@wolf_hands
    If our voices are being heard then I expect y'all to pay attention to our voices on this forum until Feb 10th because until then its gonna be filled with comments about losing our beloved home we all know as the forums.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Sicarius0218

Sicarius0218 Meekos

There is an official Vainglory Discord.

May I ask why Reddit is considered so unreliable.
  16. wolf_hands

• UserRankRibbons
    • by Retarded Tech
    • --------------------
    • Administrator
    • Global Moderator
    • Staff
    • VIP
    • Contributor
    • Donator
    • Banned
    • --------------------
    • Ribbon 15
    We always take feedback from every source, and will continue to do so. Other platforms may require a bit different of an approach for getting that feedback, but we still consider everyone's opinion as worthwhile.

Definitely speak out if you know a better way to send feedback via the other platforms. We and the mods (for platforms that have mods) are always excited to hear ways to improve.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. Brian

Brian Stormguard

That is the most ridiculous nit picking ever over terms that I've ever seen. Let's be honest here. They're the same thing. Please stop saying that League does not have forums/message boards because that's just not true.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. wolf_hands

• UserRankRibbons
    • by Retarded Tech
    • --------------------
    • Administrator
    • Global Moderator
    • Staff
    • VIP
    • Contributor
    • Donator
    • Banned
    • --------------------
    • Ribbon 15
    Totally understand.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Nikhil21

Nikhil21 Technologist

Nice way to subtly put it @mejlis. The forums do you more harm then good now. As a gaming company which is forgetting its roots and transitioning into a cutthroat business, shutting down this place is the best solution for you to avoid the criticism and negativity, since the forums is the most critical among all social media and posts don't just disappear here, but actually get discussed and your decisions scrutinized. Of course you could respond to criticism... but then again I guess the way you have gone about business recently hasn't left much to say.

It's just sad seeing you guys promote Facebook and other media platforms as a place which harbors great discussion and content, but lets be honest there has been pretty critical and low quality content of late hasn't there. Of course we can ignore the great content which has always been on here, although rather less of late. Instead of doing something about it you would rather just shut this community down because you don't need it anymore, your game is doing well enough to sell. This forums is now a cancerous growth for you robbing you of your new found goal which has become the primary focus : money.

I still remember the time when I was new to the forums and stumbled on posts which were around the start of Vainglory. It was mostly the devs posting, and a few players. It was amazing at how genuinely they responded with happiness at someone playing their game and enjoying it, asking them what they liked and putting their own opinion forward. I guess this is what happens at the end, you become big and start looking at the bigger picture. Marketing, expansion and eradication of the biggest source of criticism towards your company all in one fell swoop right before 5 v 5 hits. At the mere cost of the forums?

All in favour? One hand down who could that be! Haha nice one doer.
    • Like x 18
    • Agree x 3
    • Awesome x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Creative x 1
  20. Phrosts89

Phrosts89 Carnie

@Brian there not near the same thing as the forums we all know and love.. However, you are correct that they do manage there own social interaction with the community rather pushing there playerbase to use other social platforms that they may not want to use. Kids play this game, how many parents allow there kids on twitter, facebook and reddit?