1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Vainglory Forums are Closing READ MORE 

Why did they hide the quests?

Discussion in 'General' started by JoeyLeif, Feb 8, 2018.

1. JoeyLeif

JoeyLeif Stormguard

I know the answer. I just want to make sure you do too.

Love having to click a bunch of sub menus to get to my quests if I even remember them anymore. Playtime has been cut in half now.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. VainMaster017

VainMaster017 Gythian

"Semc is greedy" thread?
  3. Flicker

Flicker Technologist

useless thread, not worthy of a rating
    • Awesome Awesome x 1
  4. Teratoma

Teratoma Technologist

They also hide first and third win, seven days streak win as well
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wali

Wali Elder

Is the display for those just hidden somewhere, or was it flat out removed?
  6. iDovke

iDovke Grangor

Display
  7. Aesthete18

Aesthete18 Undead

No space obviously like duhhhhhhh

Seriously though, it will be back soon enouggh
  8. Galeon98

Galeon98 Stormguard

New UI, new changes, suck up to it b$tch
    -SEMC.

Just kidding, and yeah, it feels not intuitive to place a quest hidden together with the today view. At least make the logo understandable? Also, hiding the 1st and 3rd win? Seriously, why use this argument? We’ve been surviving for a long time without them, and I don’t see how erasing that indicator will affect us. Also, when you win, you’ll still get the first win notifications when you’re back at the home screen.
  9. Wali

Wali Elder

Look, sometimes some of us don't get to play all day. Maybe we get to play one quick match in the morning, and then can't devote time to VG until late in the evening. And I hate to say it, but not all matches are so memorable that I can recall whether I won or lost.
    That's a case where I might try to win a Blitz to keep on track for the 7 day payout, but otherwise would just head to bed or something.

Now I have to spend time to look these things up on 3rd party sites? Why re-design the UI, and take away information in the process? That means you just spent resources to make something worse.
  10. Galeon98

Galeon98 Stormguard

I agree that removing a design implemented to the game as a way of helping players to track their progress is a waste of resource, but they did make getting the first win bonus easier for everyone by basically winning any bot match. So, maybe play a bot match once every day? Ez win and guaranteed sinister seven if you do it once every day.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Airalin

Airalin Stormguard

Sure, but the entire point, or atleast they reason they gave us, was to make a ui which was as "cluttered" as the old one.
    I don't see that idea being done.
    They've essentially kept it the same more or less, just added obnoxious icons like the helmet one (ew) and changed the color scheme to a worse one.
    The whole "easy to navigate" isn't even a thing. I had to spend 2 mins to try finding my profile, and I almost always forget the quests exist, and the first time I came to know their position in the ui was from a thread I read here.
    I think someone made a thread on how the UI doesn't really satisfy the whole "non cluttered and easy to navigate" thingy. (Was it you @Sandiha ? Idk lol)
  12. Sandiha

Sandiha Stormguard

Yes it was me, the new ui was designed to confuse the shit out of the players so u cant find the quests
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. cha0z_

cha0z_ River Troll

in before they remove them soon. :D
  14. Wali

Wali Elder

I didn't know that - thanks a bunch for sharing. That's a really good idea, too, and I may just stick to it. ^.^
    • Like Like x 1