1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Vainglory Forums are Closing READ MORE 

Goodbye

Discussion in 'General' started by Aesthete18, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Aesthete18

Aesthete18 Undead

So tis' time to say goodbye.

I've been part of a few forum communities over the years and this is by far the best one. I'm not just talking about the community itself but the way the forum is set up. The ability a message on your alert and it bringing you straight to your comment, you'd be surprised how many forums lack this feature. Latest content, the different subs, the toolbar, ranks, ratings, so many things about this set up made it the best forum. I tried to join all the other MOBA forums but it doesn't even come close.

Then we have the community. There's so much history here. It's like an old museum being destroyed along with all its artifacts inside. All the threads, my favourite being the meme one, probably my favourite thread ever. The people, the thought out discussions that carry on for 10 pages covering every nook and cranny. The amount of contributions, guides, hero ideas, UI ideas, fan art and mods, all turned to dust. Why exactly are they not archiving the place? If that's not the epitome of their character, I don't know what is.

I can't tag everyone so I'll try to thank as many as I can. Thank you to all those who stuck up for me when I was banned including the mods, all those who respected the message I was trying to get across, those who came to my defense in times when they weren't accepted or when I was being trashed in other threads, all the great discussions I've been a part of, all the great people that have spent their time giving so much to the forum and last but not least, the mods who tirelessly work day in, day out to keep this place in one piece, never failing to meet the standards that were set.

This forum is 1/3 of the reason I still stick around this game, it's such a big part of the experience that even on days when I don't play VG, I still come to the forum. We will rebuild but this will always be home.

For the final time, I would like to share some of the stuff I've done. These will probably never see the light of day again in our community.

The Signatures (the rest are here)​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Parodies

The Music

With that, I bid thee farewell. See you on the other side
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 2
    • Awesome Awesome x 1
  2. Airalin

Airalin Stormguard

:(
    Plox join the VG community run forums if you haven't already

Rip
    (Whoa I had no idea it was you who made all that content. Amazing...)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Aesthete18

Aesthete18 Undead

I signed up already. Will come there after forum closes.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. IncinerateZ

IncinerateZ Elder

'Till we meet again, forums.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. cha0z_

cha0z_ River Troll

people loves drama, but... https://vgforums.net contribute some more, you b*tch. :D <3 see u on the new forums. :)
  6. justmikewilldo

justmikewilldo Mageborn

Thank you for being "that guy" while not being that guy. I have always appreciated your view point, even when I disagreed with it. Get ova to da new phorumz yo
    • Like Like x 1