1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Vainglory Forums are Closing READ MORE 

Important Note on Universal Vainglory App (iPhone Users Pls Read!)

Discussion in 'Archived Announcements' started by PlayoffBeard, May 28, 2015.

1. PlayoffBeard

PlayoffBeard Vainglory Developer Super Evil Megacorp

With Update 1.5, we combined "Vainglory" (for iPad) and "Vainglory for iPhone" into one single app. If you always play on iPad, you're experience will be unchanged. If you have Vainglory for iPhone, expect the following:
    • When updating to 1.5, you will be directed to the new, universal Vainglory app.
    • After the installation, you will have TWO Vainglory apps on your phone.
      • The new app will work as expected. Go play!
      • The old app on your device will not work anymore and will continuously ask you to "update to latest version." This will remain broken, so just delete the old, duplicate app.
    • You may need to log in again and customize your settings again, but all your account information (progress, unlocks, etc.) will be preserved.
    Afterward, you will never have to worry about this again. Hope you enjoy the new hero, new items and all the rest of goodness in Update 1.5!
    • Useful Useful x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Awesome Awesome x 2
  2. Sentential

Sentential Technologist

Awesome! Vainglory is more addicting than ever!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. NotAMoon

NotAMoon Minion

Are you aware that this "old iPhone app never displays anything but this 'please update' message" behavior means that new players who hadn't created an account yet but had played games, earned cards, etc. are forever locked out from creating an account that preserves that progress?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Raj vinod

Raj vinod River Troll

HI,
    I MUST DELETE VAINGLORY APP AND REINSTALL AGAIN
  5. Panda

Panda Carnie

For iPad users, do you have to delete and reinstall the app? I don't find an update in my list on the app store..
  6. Snwspeckle

Snwspeckle Vainglory Delevoper

Wooho combined apps!
  7. YourSweetRevenge

YourSweetRevenge Carnie

OMG can't wait I am reinstalling
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Nycsourdiesel

Nycsourdiesel River Troll

Well tough shit. Maybe they should have made an account and not have been a guest. 4:15 AM. Goodnight.
  9. NotAMoon

NotAMoon Minion

Yes, you're right. I mean what with SEMC allowing this exact scenario - playing without registering an account (both before 1.5 and continuing to do so afterward), new players exploring the game should indeed be taken to task for not having the foresight to predict this "we're merging binaries and locking you out" move. A move that would have been so difficult to post an in-game news item about in advance warning of the need to register an account if players wanted to preserve progress.
  10. Nycsourdiesel

Every game asks you to bind your account. If they don't, then you should know better anyway and just do it. You expect so much from a company that gives almost everything for free. There is no such thing as a free lunch unless you want to go eat at a soup kitchen or mission. Enjoy!
  11. NotAMoon

NotAMoon Minion

Gotcha. Game and most of its content are free, therefore ask no questions and do not provide any feedback. Makes sense!
  12. Zyronl

Zyronl Technologist

To be honest, they were highly encouraged to make a account. So its kinda some of their fault they didn't perserve the progress with an account.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Zyronl

Zyronl Technologist

I'm not deleting the old app. After 2 more years, i'll start shouting to others " Guys! I got the Vainglory for iphone version which was from 2 years ago! "
  14. YourSweetRevenge

YourSweetRevenge Carnie

I have deleted the. Get the newer version in AppStore because the old app is too slow to update. So I deleted it first and then download the app again with newer update
  15. Nycsourdiesel

All u do is register an account. Delete the app and reinstall. Then log in with your previous account. All of your info is still there. What is so difficult to comprehend? Actually these developers do respond to inquiries and emails. Just because you may not get an answer in less than 24 hours, doesn't mean they don't listen or try to respond to u. If u want to complain so much, then join a different free game with as much content as they provide u with here. I doubt u will find anything like this out there with this many updates and a company that listens to the gaming community.
  16. Godspeed

Godspeed Stormguard

17. YourSweetRevenge

YourSweetRevenge Carnie

18. YourSweetRevenge

YourSweetRevenge Carnie

Message for me? Or what?
    I'm not complaining!!!'
  19. YourSweetRevenge

YourSweetRevenge Carnie

whats wrong with u? I re download the app I wasn't complaining about it???!!!!! That's weird. I wasn't able to update so I deleted and reinstalled ???!!!! I'm confused with ur reply if that was meant for me
  20. NotAMoon

NotAMoon Minion

The update prevents you from registering an account via the old version of the app - you start the old app and it presents you immediately with a pop-up about the game having gotten better, and all you can do is click OK and be directed to the app store. You're locked out from accessing any game options like Register/Login. So what you said is impossible.

What is so difficult to comprehend?