1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GUILD Q&A

Discussion in 'General' started by mejlis, Oct 6, 2015.

1. mejlis

mejlis Community Admin Super Evil Megacorp

There have been a lot of questions about the in-game guild feature. SO we have written up a quick reference Q&A below. Hopefully it is useful :)
    • Can guild names be changed?
      • Not for 1.10. We have plans to add it in a future update.
      • Can tags be adjusted?
      • Can Guild mode (open/invite) be changed?
        • Yes.
      • Can motto be changed at any time?
        • Yes.
      • Why won't you add co-leaders that would have part of the rights the leader has?
      • Not for 1.10. We have plans to add it in a future update
      • Can I - as leader - see how much XP each of my guild members achieved; How can I check how active they really are?
        • Not for 1.10. We have plans to add it in a future update
      • I want to go solo, how do I turn off the invitations?
        • There is currently no way to turn off invitations in 1.10.
      • I want to transfer the guild ownership to a specific member, why can't I do that?
        • We have plans to add it in a future update
      • If I decline an invitation by mistake, will I be able to receive a new one or is there some kind of cooldown?
        • You will be able to get a new invite again right away.
      • Someone spams me with guild invites, how do I turn off invites from this guy?
        • See previous answer. There is no way doing it right now, but we may do this in a future update.
      • Can I challenge other guilds to a fight off?
      • If I leave a team, how will that affect the guilds level? Is the experience I have gained it bound to it or is it bound to my account?
        • Teams and Guilds are completely separate. However, if you leave a guild nothing will happen to the Guild level as it’s bound to the guild.
      • Can I see a ranking of guilds to see how good mine is compared to others?
        • You can inspect other player’s Guild’s summaries. However, in 1.10 there is no such thing as a leaderboard or a Guild search to access this. You’ll be limited to explore guilds of friends.
      • Is the clan leader's crown visible everywhere or only on the guild's member list?
        • The leader´s crown is visible Everywhere
      • Are tags visible in match?
        • This depends on the type of match you play, you also need to be in a party with at least 1 guild member.
      • Tags take too much space! How do I turn them off?
        • There is currently no way of doing this. But we should consider this option for a future update
      • If I delete my Guild/Team can I create another one with the same name?
      • Yes. Once the guild/team is successfully disbanded and deleted the name becomes available again.
      • Why do the Guild owner earn more Fame and the rest of the members?
        • As players climb in rank from Initiate (10xp), Member (75xp) and Veteran (100xp) by playing guild matches, they get to earn more Fame (xp). Guild Owners, as managers and the person that made the ICE/Gold investment, gets to earn the most (125xp).
      • How do I earn Guild Fame? Do we have to play as a team of 3?
      • Teams are for truly competitive purposes and can consist of 6 members.
      • What is the difference between teams and guilds? Do I need both?
        • Teams are for truly competitive purposes and can consist of 6 members.
        • Guilds are for “fun”
        • You do not need both, unless you are planning on competing in a truly competitive manner, like VGL or VIPL or other regional official sanctioned events.
      • Can I earn fame for my guild by playing alone?
        • No. You have to play together with at least 1 Guild member since it's a cooperative feature.
      • If I invite someone to my guild and they try to join but it says my guild is full, can I invite them again?
        • At the moment, there is a bug with this feature, and it is not possible to invite again. We are working on a fix.
      • When do guild tags show up? I see it in practice, but only sometimes in privates and never in casuals.
        • When you play with 1 other Guild members in the same party.
      • My team win count didn't go up after winning a casual game with all my teammates; does it only work for ranked?
        • Yes, teams need to play ranked.
      • My guild got created with the wrong IGN for the leader, what can I do?
        • The team captain needs to invite another member and then leave the guild to transfer the ownership. Ownership will be transferred to the member that has been part of the guild the longest. If more members are in the guild already, Team Leader needs to kick all other members, leaving the one he wants to transfer the ownership to.
      • My guild got created with the wrong Tag, what can I do?
        • Currently, it is not possible to change the Tag. A feature may be available in the future for this.
      • My guild got created with the incorrect guild name, what can I do?
        • Currently, it is not possible to change the Guild Name. A feature may be available in the future for this.
      • Can I reset invites or cancel invites?
        • We currently don't show pending states, so no you cannot revoke pending invites. Leaders will have to delete members they don't want anymore from the list once they accepted.
      • When it says there is an error creating my guild, what is the problem? It doesn't say guild name or guild tag is taken, just there was an error. Help!?
        • This is likely because an illegal character has been used. Make sure to only use letters and numbers. We will work on fixing error messaging.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2015
    • Useful Useful x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Aesthete18

Aesthete18 Undead

Tl;DR we have plans to add it in a future update.
    • Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Commanderren

Commanderren Stormguard

How to search for gulid ?
  4. mejlis

mejlis Community Admin Super Evil Megacorp

• Can I see a ranking of guilds to see how good mine is compared to others?
      • You can inspect other player’s Guild’s summaries. However, in 1.9 there is no such thing as a leaderboard or a Guild search to access this. You’ll be limited to explore guilds of friends.
  5. Lifthrasil

Lifthrasil Carnie

RTFM :mad:
  6. screepy

screepy Gythian

Please improve the guildchat :(
  7. Commanderren

Commanderren Stormguard

What's with the rude words ?
  8. Tmfilms

Tmfilms Elder

How do you kick people from a team
  9. BioLogiCaL

BioLogiCaL Stormguard

Thanks.
    How do my friend who is the master, can allow me to invite people to the guild, even tho I have the OPTION to invite people, but I don't have the PERMISSIONS to invite them (according to the game)?

• Why won't you add co-leaders that would have part of the rights the leader has?
    • Not for 1.9. We have plans to add it in a future update
    Is this supposed to be the answer?
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Tmfilms

Tmfilms Elder

don't complain
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Gatorrex

Gatorrex Undead

Tap on their name and then this will show up image.png
    And you must be the leader
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Gatorrex

Gatorrex Undead

Question: will we be able to join multiple teams/guilds in future?
  13. Lifthrasil

Lifthrasil Carnie

Really?

About 50 centimeters above your post, you can find ur answer ... So how about reading before posting?

No offense, but this was unnescesary ..
  14. Toxic

Toxic Meekos

If we were able to send updates and notes to entire guild and team members within VG we wouldn't have to go to another network such as Facebook. We don't want to leave the halcyon fold please allow us to send messages even if the members are offline
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. LaysR

LaysR Meekos

Question: Since we got the max 50 members, what do we get after leveling the guild up to level 8 and above? Whats the max level? Do we get bonuses like glory or cards?
  16. Blimpey

Blimpey Elder

They plan on combining bonusses with guild accomplishments etc for end season goals for example, but that is still a work in progress. I didnt know you could level up once you had reached max members :eek:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. LaysR

LaysR Meekos

Yeah, we reached the max on level 7, now we are on our way to level 9 but nothing seems to change as we level up.
  18. Blimpey

Blimpey Elder

Thanks for that info :) my guess is there will be end season rewards linked to guildfame and individual contributions within a guild ( the open 'Medal' column in guild overview)
  19. Omnyx

Omnyx Carnie

There is always one who spoils it :( I bet you were the teachers pet at school lol.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. R3ktSnow

R3ktSnow Grangor

I don't have school I'm a private student...
    • Funny Funny x 1