1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the maximum cooldown reduction?

Discussion in 'General' started by CrafterOfWar, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrafterOfWar

CrafterOfWar Carnie

What is it?
  2. Thorin

Thorin Vainglory Developer Super Evil Megacorp

There is no maximum cooldown acceleration (CDA). The CDA works multiplicatively instead of additively, meaning if you get two clockworks your CDA won't reduce down to 0. Rather it keeps reducing your cooldown by the said percentage the more you stack, thus in order to actually reach 0 CDA you'll have to stack it infinity number of times.
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. reaverfreed

reaverfreed Gythian

@Thorin so basically when I bought 2 clockwork (50% & 50%), then the cooldown become:

Initial: 10 sec
    1st clockwork: 5 sec
    2nd clockwork: 2.5 sec

Is the calculation true? Because I'm a big fan of clockwork and often makes 2 of them.
  4. Duet

Duet Community Moderator

Yeah, that sounds about right. I wonder how much Joule's ultimate cool down can be reduced by? If it is significant, I just might have to copy you and build two clockworks!
  5. reaverfreed

reaverfreed Gythian

My Crystal saw always consists of 2 clockwork, but roadie run only reduced from 10 to 7 to 5 second. Suppressing fire reduced from 15 to 9 to 7 second.

So this whole calculation confuses me.

P.s. Confusingly, Krul with 2 clockwork and an aftershock skill cooldown are reduced from 11 second to 5 second. Is 2 clockwork halves the initial cooldown time? Anyway, Joule with 2 clockwork and one shatter glass can spam its ultimate like crazy! I Always use her with that build.
  6. YugiRider2

YugiRider2 Gythian

Can anyone explain this for Taka on 5 Ki Stacks? Will the stacks apply OVER the clockwork? So halved first, then stacks apply.
  7. CaptainNeato

CaptainNeato Vainglory Developer Super Evil Megacorp

Hey guys, maybe I can help shed some light on this.

We don't actually have cooldown reduction in Vainglory, we have cooldown acceleration. Instead of thinking of it like, "How much time is reduced off of my cooldown?" think about it as, "How much faster is my cooldown going?".

So, for example, if you have 100% CDA (again, cool down acceleration, not cooldown reduction), your cooldown would be going 100% faster, meaning it would be going double speed, or 2x as fast as normal. So a cooldown of 10 seconds would take 5. If you had cooldown acceleration of 200%, your cooldowns would travel 200% faster than normal, meaning that you'd be going 3x as fast.

With one Clockwork you have 50% CDA, so your cooldowns go 50% faster than normal. If your cooldown was 10 seconds, it would instead go about 7 seconds. If you have two Clockworks, your cooldown acceleration would be 100%, twice as fast, and a cooldown of 10 seconds would take 5 seconds. And so on.

Does that make more sense?
    • Useful Useful x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. YugiRider2

YugiRider2 Gythian

C
    So Taka with clockwork and 5 Ki stacks gets 175% cool down acceleration? Meaning that 1 second is 2.75 seconds?
  9. CaptainNeato

CaptainNeato Vainglory Developer Super Evil Megacorp

@YugiRider2 - Yes sir. That's exactly right. So, Taka at 5 Ki stacks with one Clockwork would have a cooldown acceleration of 175%, so a cooldown of 10 seconds would finish in about 3.6 seconds.
  10. Hellstrike

Hellstrike Stormguard

The max CDA is 6 x Clockwork (plus whatever your traits/skills provide) :p
  11. reaverfreed

reaverfreed Gythian

So, the math formula would be: Initial cooldown time * 100% / (100% + Total Cooldown Acceleration)

e.g. Surpressing fire with 2 clockwork and 1 aftershock

= 15 sec * 100% / [100% + (50% + 50% +25%)]
    = 15 sec * 100% / 225%
    = 6.667 second
  12. reaverfreed

reaverfreed Gythian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.