1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Vainglory Forums are Closing READ MORE 

Complimentary region migrations ending Jan 30

Discussion in 'Archived Announcements' started by Fury, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fury

Fury Vainglory Developer Super Evil Megacorp

Hi All,

After January 30, we will only be doing account migrations if there is a discrepancy between the region your account is in and the region where you are physically located.

To check your region:
    1. While not in a game, click on your player name on the lower left of the screen.
    2. In the upper right it should say REGION: _______. The available regions are North America, Europe, South East Asia, and South America.
    3. If the listed region is not the closest region to where you are playing from, then you can likely improve your in-game connection and game experience by switching to a closer region.

To switch regions please do the following:
    • Send a message from the email address associated with your profile to support@superevilmegacorp.com including:
      • Your existing player name
      • Your preferred server (N. America, S. America, Europe or Southeast Asia). This is the server your want us to migrate you to.
    Thanks!

-Fury
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. ketzusaka

ketzusaka Gythian

"Complimentary" ? At some point could we pay for migrations if wanted at some point?
  3. Fury

It's possible, but no plans for it at this time. We feel that the best experience for everyone is to be in the region that is closest to them. And the best experience for the community at large is the same.
    • Like Like x 4
  4. YuHinZ

YuHinZ River Troll

hope u guys make something like dota, allowing players to pick their own regions to play depending where they are.

because there are a lot of frequent travelers going across the world like me and still want to use their original account to play on the closest server without lags
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. FlyingFox

FlyingFox Stormguard

FYI: You can still ask your friend from another region to make you an account. Give your friend your email and a password, and let's say you are in SEA and they are in NA, if they make the account for you, that account would be in NA.

Don't have a friend in another region? Join Facebook or Line group and make some!
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Kooka

Kooka Stormguard

How about migrating to the Korea/Japan server? Will this be affected? I'm wondering if it will reach the January 30 deadline, because I am planning to migrate my account there when it is launched.
  7. friday

friday River Troll

I didnt use to have any lags playing in UAE with SEA server.. but now its constant 300-500ms.. did you do anything with the server?
  8. mejlis

mejlis Community Admin Super Evil Megacorp

@Kooka - Japan/Korean server will be handled outside of this current process. We´ll take care of you for that, don´t worry! :)

@friday - We´ve not made any changes, it could be changes on your ISP side for example. But we are seeing similar reports to yours from other players in the SEA server region and we are investigating. The server region closest to UAE is the EU region however.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Awesome Awesome x 1
  9. friday

friday River Troll

@mejlis thanks for the reply.. ISP? .. uhm since i downloaded this game immediately asked for a SEA server accnt.. and never had any problems whatsoever.. yes My EU accnt works fine but my friends are all in SEA.. now i cant play with them coz im lagging... really dunno what happened
  10. NikNakld

NikNakld River Troll

OCE?? I live in OCE and it would be great if there was a server here... My region is SEA and its 250ms here... It's fine but I would be awesome with OCE!!
  11. AutoKorrect

AutoKorrect Gythian

SEA server has gotten progressively more laggy.
  12. Wulfy

Wulfy River Troll

yah, i used to still be able to play on SEA but these past few days it's been pretty unstable....
  13. Fury

We are aware of a lot of reports of increased lag in the SEA region. Nothing has changed on our end so it's a bit of a mystery to us, but we're working on a project to try to diagnose and fix the issues. We know it sucks and we're sorry :(
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Saty

Saty Carnie

15. Hadosity

Hadosity Meekos

We need an OCE server pls....
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. unplug

unplug River Troll

Experiencing 200-300ms lately. Maybe it's my connection
  17. IronSentinel

IronSentinel River Troll

I want to change my region to EU. Please help. What do I do?
  18. Rotaruc

Rotaruc Gythian

tell me youre trolling..
  19. IronSentinel

IronSentinel River Troll

Trolling? What do you mean? I need help here. Not a troller calling others a troller. If you can't help, stay away!

I want to change region cus I just found out EU is closest to me and not SEA. Please help anyone? I need assistance.
  20. Fletchworth

Fletchworth Grangor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.